Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need some help for a friend Last hope.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Sandmantheweedman, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Okay, so let's start off with two years ago:

Two years ago I was really close with this kid, my bestfriend in fact. Me, him, and another of my close friends had all hung out every day, and every chance we got (which was frequently) we would smoke weed. At this point my friend was 130lbs.

After the summer however, he got a girlfriend who did not approve of us or his smoking habits, she distanced him from us to the point of never seeing him and he was forbidded from smoking weed. Along with that, all he ate while he was with her (which was almost every day) was McDonald's and all he did was sit around in her house with her. He gained about 60lbs and totalled at 190.

Present day, he has broken up with her, frequently hangs out with us again and all seemed well. Since leaving her he has lost 30lbs and sits at about 160-165 (just about the same weight as me) But... now everytime he takes a hit or two of weed, he gets sick and throws up. This had never happened before two years ago, and it bums me out because I enjoy hanging out with him, but I also enjoy smoking. I want him to enjoy it as well, but it seems like he cant.

As the title says, you guys are my last hope. What is his problem and is there a way to fix it? Thanks in advance.

2. That's very weird, considering THC is an Anti-Nauseate. I'd have to know more about any illnesses he's had over the past two years. (By the way, I'm not a medical doctor, so take my advice with a grain of salt, even if I post sources. Have to say that to cover my ass).

From my personal experience, the throwing up tends to be from eating too much, too soon before smoking, which tends to never be a good thing. When you smoke weed, your blood sugar drops (Which is why you get the munchies). His body may be reacting to this and trying to eject any food in order to stop an insulin spike and preserve the blood sugar in his system. My advice is to ONLY eat a piece of fruit and drink water about two hours before smoking. This should help with the blood sugar dropping until he gets used to smoking again. Tell your friend to get checked for Diabetes and Hypoglycemia as well.

3. Thank you for your reply my dude! And in the past he's been a pretty healthy kid, only thing is he smokes cigarettes but that had been going on since two years ago.

The food thing doesn't seem right since today we had him smoke from a pipe, assuming that the reason he threw up was because of something in the wraps. The only thing me and him ate today was some wings at beefs, and that was a good five hours before we toked. He did have a soda, and I assume that may be the problem since he's not to fond on soda, however, he's thrown up without soda too.

What really bothers me is that about a week or two ago I believe, we hot boxed my car on a blunt (except he didn't hit the blunt, he was just basking in the smoke) and he said he got kind of high. We dropped off my car and before we left to go back to a friend's house, he asked to hit the bowl. Me and my other friend let him hit the pipe and he ripped it. Didn't get sick, but only took one hit.

I assume diabetes isn't the problem, nor hypoglycemia since I believe both of those cause you to pass out when the blood sugar drops (I believe, not certain, correct me if I'm wrong.) So I don't think he has either of those.

Got any good news? Or is this too vague still?

4. They can, but won't always cause you to pass out, there's actually many things that can happen due to low blood sugar. Nausea, Headaches, Fatigue, and Blurred Vision are some of the symptoms one can experience.

How hard is he ripping the pipe? I've seen a lot of people who have come off of T Breaks that end up puking because they take too big hits, especially with the younger group.

5. Interesting. However, this ONLY occurs when he smokes weed. He can't wake and bake, can't hit a pipe, bong, blunt, joint, anything. I wouldn't say he's ripping it like a pro, more like someone who kind of knows what they're doing, but doesn't at the same time so stays careful.

It's really peculiar because of what I said earlier, we all used to frequently smoke, almost every day actually. I can understand the reprucussions (sp?) of taking a 2 year T Break like he did, but I would never imagine it being throwing up even after small amounts of weed.

6. Could it be psychological? Like he's still thinking way too much about his ex and how she used to be so against it?

7. Nah, he's not upset over her as far as I can tell. He's got a new girlfriend and he drinks whenever he can with us since his inability to smoke. He never seems upset about her, doesn't even really bring her up.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #8 LSDBongWater, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2013
    I think he just needs lower quality weed. You did say he took a 2 year t-break which means even the shittiest weed will get him high. I had a friend who would puke on an empty stomach when I offered him some dank. When I offered him reggie, he was completely fine and loved it. If you can't get lower quality, try less hits?

9. I can't really help with the conditons casuing him to puke but maybe he could take smaller hits that don't go deep into the lungs?

10. I agree give that boy some Reggie. If he still pukes then he has a problem..

11. Hey, thanks to all of my fellow tokers for suggesting possible ways to stop this. I've decided to go on the hunt for some regs, hopefully someones got em. If not I guess ill be having him take one hit each time until he rebuilds a tolerance. Thank you all so much, appreciate, stay awesome.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Grasscity Forum mobile app