Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need some help - DOT drug screen sent to lab for further examination!!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Mearh, Mar 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. I posted this in the drug tests questions, but with no answer and some updates I thought I'd start my own thread.

I'm 5'4, 270lbs. Definitely overweight. I already took the test. Been straight clean for 6 weeks. Not even had contact with secondhand smoke or people who smoke. Before the 6 weeks, I smoked a couple hits of resin every two or three days or so for about 2 weeks. Before that I was a mostly daily smoker, anywhere from 4-5 hits a night to a couple bowls till I could fall asleep for over two years. Sometimes i wouldnt hit the pipe for two-four days. A couple of longer dry spells, but nothing like a full detox period. Medium grade dispensary green. It's not like I can do anything about the test now. I'm reasonably active, 25yrs old. Not a great metabolism but it's kept me at a steady weight or losing for the past year or so. I have been more active and actively pursuing weight loss since being clean. 2-3 2liter bottles of water a day, 1/2 gal of cranberry juice every three or four days. Eating reasonably healthy, but on my limited budget it was very, very hard. Have lost approx 15lbs, but plateaued and actually gained a couple pounds back the week before the test. UA sent to MedTox. 10 panel DOT FMCSA test. I drank tons of water the night before, peed when I woke up, then (since it was first thing!) peed into the toilet first (just a tiny amount) and gave them my sample from mid-end stream.

My urine was a dark, dark yellow. Opaque, indicating that I have 'another' UTI. I have a history of kidney problems, so frequent utis are VERY common for me. Was asked to give 30mL, was only able to give 20-25mL. I have trouble peeing for ANY sort of UA, including my regular urologist screenings, which don't involve drug testing at all. Legitimate shy bladder, even if I have to pee like a racehorse before the test!

I have taken three seperate at home tests since the initial ua. They ALL came back negative. I took one at the end of the day yesterday (Friday), last void of the day. Negative, but questionably faint negative line. I walked nearly 5 miles last night to get back to the hotel I was staying at after getting the tests. I took one this morning, double tested with two completely different strips (different brands) just to confirm results. Absolute first void of the day, did not get up during the night to void. Obviously and strongly negative. Took another this afternoon after classes, negative.

When I asked my employer what I was waiting for on Friday, since everyone else had cleared and been given their access cards etc, he had me close the door to talk to him. He informed me that my drug test had been sent to the laboratory for additional testing. He gave me the option to admit and have the company send me home, obviously I did not do that. It would have gone on my record and disqualified me for employment, even if the test came back negative.

So, my questions are:
    1) Do I have a reason to be very concerned? Do I need to be making contingency plans to go home on Monday?

2) Would they send my sample off for additional testing because of the color and amount? Because I was very apologetic to the collector that I could not provide more?

3) Will the MRO contact me before talking with my employer? I would like a chance to explain my kidney issues, because from what I've been led to believe, kidney problems can and have caused false positives. I don't take any medications at all, so I have no recourse there. Unless Midol can affect it, I took two that morning for minor cramping and also as a mild diuretic for the test.

4) Is it possible that I could have indicated a preliminary positive on the screening, and could still pass the gs/mc testing?

2. If you want to be 100% sure of your level then do what I'm about to do and buy first check drug test at walmart. It's about $12 and if you send it in, they will post your exct ng/ml online for free. I don't know how much time you have, but they take about 5 days from the day you send it. If you 1-2 day air it, it can be faster. I wouldn't be too concerned if you're still able to pass regular home tests. The lab wil just try and check for creatinine levels, gravity etc to see if you tried to cheat the test. Also the level of thc in your system. (50 ng/ml is usually standard pass). Good luck!

3. So since I'm passing home tests most likely they assumed I tried to cheat the test, because of amount and color?

Also, forgot to mention before I came out here I had a very, very strong negative on a home test. The negative line showed up just as quickly as the control, and was nearly as dark. Same with the first thing in morning home tests I took today. Almost instantly negative. Last night (I think b/c I had done so much walking just beforehand) I almost thought it was going to be positive, but it did show a line after about a minute that darkened slightly over 5 minutes.

I unfortunately don't really have time before the results come in on this pre emp test that I've already taken. I should know by Monday or Teusday. I wish I had done that one before I left home though! I'll remember it, definitely would have saved me a heck of a lot of stress this week.

Thank you! I'll let you all know how it goes!

4. Well stop stressing at this point..do something to take your mind off of it and take care of those kidneys

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

5. I think your fine op its probably due to the shy bladder and the couler they must have thought it was synthetic or tampered with let us know how it turns out

6. Did you pass