Need Some Help! And Want to give thanks

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GrimChimney, Sep 24, 2012.

1. sorry this may be a bit long. but lots of pics to make it worthy. First of i want to give a huge thank you to my Blade Tihspeed. as we starting talking when these were in thier earliest stages of vegatative growth, already riddled with what i now know was a nitrogen deficiency due to being fed tap water from seed (green house chemdog and one pinapple chunk) all were yellowing their bottom leaves, when those would come off the next would start the same. we spoke and i was in obvious need of nutes. and he gave me a good rundown of whats good for my situation and begginer status and gowing with cannabis ferts. while waiting for my nutes i fixed the yellowing with a home/standard high nitrogen crystal fert.

when the plants went outside in july they blew up so much so fast i was literally scared as its on a covered deck where the plants cant get much higher than the rail or may be visible from the one side. so i super cropped them so much they are like 4 feet tall and 5 feet wide a piece with up to maybe 50-60 tops on it from constantly super cropping even through flower. this made 3 plants with tiny bud, well tiny is relative but they each prob have a good half elb easy. (i plan to make hash from all of these plants except there absolute best tops.

heres the interesting part. i went to hospital during the early part of the grow and the plants dried out to much before i got home. they were all wilted and dead. i fed them some water. they were all back to perfect in a half hour!!!! except one, (by the way i topped two of the chems and left one natural.) so one of the topped ons while came back to life, on one side the top half of the stalk never came back to life, and i had to top again just below on that stock, and chop a bit off other side. now had i known what would happen id have done this to all my plants

i havent had to super crop that one very much at all since they went into flower as it was much shorter. and thus it has produced buds the size of grenades, and dense (unlike all other, while some of the others plants are very nice too as ull see) but these are what it was obviously meant to be like. less stretched. the buds are much better hidden (mening much more leaf around the buds do to super short internode spacing on the one that was left alone after toping in veg.) but those leaves are hiding HUGE buds. the other buds that look so nice and hairy and crystally with little leaf are not dense. while some up to 6 inches either way all this crystally not so great formed bud will make alot of co2 hash or oil. but my big budded plants i will keep the several ounces the tops will produce as high quality medicine to smoke. such a shame all plants didnt turn out this way. but live and learn. and ive learned so much this summer its priceless. again, thanks so much speed!

if you read nothing else please read below paragraph and try and help please!

my main question while some plants show early signs of starting to finish up. they are deff not done. only maybe 30-40% of trichs are milky. and i saw one amber trich thru my jewlers magnifier that was so amber it was obiously dead. it got down to 6 degrees last night! altho the plants seem to handle it fine so far, no signs of purpling at all even. but the wether is horrid and they look like they might need another month, which unless im super lucky i doubt can happen. its been a late season in southern ontario! is there anyway to speed up ripening ? (i know stupid question) well if you were me based off all these pics. when should i start flushing these with pure water and for how long? i do not wanna risk losing the huge buds ive got on the one plant due to mold or something dumb, but would be sick if i cut them down to be safe and had another month of great wether out of the blue!

one of the main colas on my proper "show" plant with a cola much thicker than a coke can and a couple inches taller in both directions when holding a can up. i know the leaves hid it, but i see that all the time on the best strains around. from what i see its dure to the super short internodes in the buds,just how they structured

[​IMG]

this is the non topped plant, it grew so tall so fast i had to tie off and add a bucket full of dirt holding the main stem almost parralel with the floor which convinced every single bud it was the main cola. and crazy side branching (new bud sites) these lack density altho many beautiful big buds on it, which are actually hardening up every single day at this point. this is just the bottom of the plant, u need two pics to get it all if u wanna see any detail, if u look close u can see the pot its in in the top left corner.

[​IMG]

a view from which u can see the whole plant previously pictured, and next plant pretty much just like that one just topped once, with even smaller buds over all and prob the least ripe.

[​IMG]

the show plant, these buds are many and BIG under those leaves. and as u can see it the least fucked with as far as cropping and such. altho topped when a baby has lived the most stress free life. almost ideal, as best as i could provide that.

[​IMG]

close up to help judge how much more time i need, one of many ill post for best possible help

[​IMG]

another

[​IMG]

other buds look half ripe on this same plant while this nice bud seems under ripe altho many crystals have clouded on it already

[​IMG]

micro

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so how much longer would you guys go if you were me? and lets say if due to weather i have to take in and put in darkness and start harvesting process in mid october, when would u start flushing in that case? also im using advanced nutrients and my plants have a farty chemical smell when nose put to em. but if i rub hand up a bud and smell my hand it smells amzing, like fuel and tangerines. will the flush remove this? and i know it was the strain as the pinapple had the same smell over it weed smell and ive already started flushing that one a few days ago, as 1 the buds are just never gonna fill and most trichs on it are white already (and its suppossed to take longer) plus im using the whole plant for c02 other than maybe a few buds for kicks. do others get this with advanced nutes? and will i be able to rid this nasty smell with a 10-14 day flush? guys i know this is mad long, but please help a first timer (doing it semi right that is) not have this be lost to mold or the like. as the big buda are so thick the weather is scaring me. again, please help! thanks so much to anyone willling to help. Peace

Bless

-G

CLIFFNOTES

look t pictures and help me figure out how much longer i have to go before flush, and how long i should do that. and if ive only got 30 days left how should i use them?

2. I did not read it all. But from the first pic you got aways to go still.

3. ive seen ur outdoor work and was very impressed. please care to elaborate. and possibly read some and address my other issue(s)? like the smeel thing. and what happens if wether doesnt permit me to grow till the end of october. how cold does it have to start getting at night before i have to worry about pulling them? aslong as it stays above freezing imm good yea? as its been down to 5 i believe with no adverse reaction to the plants whatsoever. but yes, 5150, ur the perfect guy to help answer my queries. and i cant work off experience here. mind helping me use urs so i dont make any unnecessary mistakes please? thanks

Bless

-G

4. #4 5150, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
    You have way to many white pistals for one. Your buds have not even started swelling yet. You got maybe 3 weeks left if not more.

Sorry not sure how cold 5 is?

What region you in?

Your plants are looking just fine. On the plants that you see the leafs looking like claws? Claw looking leafs is sign of overwatering. I seem some claw leafs in your pics. How often you watering them?

This bud is getting close. See how the pistals are retracting into the bud? Not all white hairy hairs looking? Not sure how long you have to go yet. But I know your not even close yet.

[​IMG]

5. im in toronto canada bro. i feel you. ive done alot of research. ur not telling me anything i dont know, im saying what if wether doesnt permit me to get those 3 weeks, and i assume u mean 3 weeks before i start flushing? as u havent even mentioned that yet. as like i said the AN has left a weird smell in my plants, and the one that has just started to be flushed is starting to smell stronger. is that a sign that the nasty smell will purge from the flush and just leave the danknes odor it has too behind? so again do u mean 3 weeks give or take with flush time included, or do u mean ill probably have to keep them on their schedule for another 3 weeks or so? then fllush? thanks again, i appreciate ur help. ur 2010 grow was ridiculous btw. how much of it do u still have, hahahaha. seriously thanks for any insight u may give. but just cause its my first "proper" rodeo with top tier genetics, assume i know most of the basics. as mentioned many times from jump i know my plants are early. wasnt really at all a question about that. thanks again bud. Peace

oh, and 5, is 5 degrees above freezing

Bless

-G

6. #6 5150, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
    Best to have the canada guys chime in man. I stop feeding 2 weeks before harvest. Flush a few days before I chop them. Thats just how I do it. Most the time I don't even do that for I get hit with worms and mold.

I don't feel comfy giving you advice for your area. I know it can be tricky and is nothing like I deal with in Oregon.

I seen people in Canada make mini green house though. Looks like it on your patio? Can you cover them (mini greenhouse) perhaps with small heater? 6mm plastic and some wood and you would be set.

Sorry about your harvest question. I miss read the part I did read.

I would make a shorter thread and put Canada finishing or something like that in the title.

Best of luck.

PS, what about your claw leafs? How often you water? Also I could be wrong but the best advice I can give you that I know about Canada is to cover them. This is just going off memory from old canada threads I have read. Nothing more. To me your set up looks like it would be a snap to cover. If you can cover them then let them go as long as they need. Just wipe the snow off every day. :) Whats your frost date? You may have to cover them anyway. Small heater at night and your set.

7. yea i feel u bro. thanks anyways. i hope i can get some more help tho. my leaves are all good bro other than ones buried depp in the canopy where all the popcorn and hash buds and leaf are lose leafs to no light penetration. no canabilization signs or anything like that unless i misunterstood ur ques. but the smaller leafs look like the plannt is going into its final stage of life, curling up and down and shit. but all still lush and healthy. nothing dry and crackly.

8. This pic here shows claw foot leafs. It where the end of the leafs curls down making the leaf look like a claw. IMO this plant is overwatered. Thats why I ask how often you watering. With your low temps they do not need much water. The plant is 100% perfect but the simple claw foot leafs. You want those leafs sticking straight up.

Also what you thinking on covering them?

[​IMG]

9. Like this. Your temps may have something to do with it. But not all your plants have the claw. IMO it's overwatered.

[​IMG]

10. that plant actually has a few similar leaves. maybe that one is a diff pheno, cause its always been darker green than the other chems, ans grown by far the fattest buds. ur right tho i havent slowed down my watering since temps were higher. im gonna take ur advice. right now i water them every other day. and every second watering is a nute feeding with a good flush every month. thanks, by all means keep going if u see anything else bro. thanks. anyone else? please! thank you

Bless

-G

11. oh sorry. covering them doesnt seem like its gonna be possible

12. That sucks. Not sure but being in your area I am betting that's the advice you will get.