Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need Some Guidance Please?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Spudakis, Jul 14, 2014.

1. I've got 3 herniated discs and a ton of arthritis in my facet joints in my lumbar/sacral spine. For 6 years now I've been on meds, getting injections, and all the while the surgeons keep telling me I'm too young for the surgery I need; it's going to be quite some time before I'm eligible. I cannot stand being on these meds any longer. I'm dependent on them. MMJ is legal here in Hawaii, but dispensaries are not. My circumstances do not allow me to grow, and my budget is very, very small. I've been told wax, oil, or edibles would help my pain far better than smoking, wax being the ideal choice. I have no idea how to make it (if that's possible) nor am I sure how I could obtain it with no dispensaries here :( any help or point in the right direction would be great!

2. Smoking would be the fastest, cheapest and easiest way to see if the pain is helped by cannabis in my opinion. Wax and edibles may be stronger and last longer but smoking should do the trick. You can always smoke more. I have a disorder called CSD and I use cannabis in my vaporizer mostly. If I smoke too much, my lungs take a beating. I'm going to be gone all day I'll make edibles with about 2 g in there to get me through several hours. Wax is nice and discreet but you may want to reconsider making it.

Butchie's Broke Ass Micro Grow Journal...
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1315371-Butchie%27s-Broke-Ass-Micro-Grow-Journal

3. #3 Spudakis, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
    I smoke.... A lot! But, I have to take whatever I can get... As I said, no dispensaries for me to pick a high CBD strain, and I have a very tiny, 750 sq ft apartment with a curious 2.5 year old son - hard to grow in a setting like that!! Plus, I'm a beginner, (green thumb with flowers and herbs, but never grown bud), with a limited budget so I wouldn't want to ruin expensive seeds! I have noticed the bubba kush I recently obtained helps my pain a little more than most stuff I've had.... Except that purple stuff I had once... It was just called Purple Kush, very dark and deep purply buds.... Smelled fruity-ish but with a kind of sharpness on the back end.... Best way I could describe it lol real heavy body high, made me sleepy as hell but it did work pretty well on my pain. I'm so jealous of people that have dispensary access!!

4. I would go with edibles. Edibles always give me so much more of a body high. If you can grow your own, check out Nirvana's Aurora Indica. One of the strongest indicas around. You can get 5 fem seeds for about 50 bucks including shipping. If you happen to run across a strain called Diamond Og, get it, great for pain as well. Just a few options, good luck!