Need some feedback quick

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FuglyFungus, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Alright I germinated some seeds and Im going to try and plant two right now and keep the other 20 for a few days.

What I did so far, was got some red solo cups and put holes in the bottom. Filled them up with soil from the garden in front of my house. Filled them up with water and waiting for them to drain.

Questions. Was filling it up with water a bad idea? When planting the seed, do I put soil over the top of it or have it showing? Is 15-30-15 good for anytime growing weed?

Thanks

2. Red Solo FTW!
    Garden from your yard isnt the best choice due to possible pests, in the future you might want to buy new, but your proly alright.
    Yes, you fill it up with soil, then saturate it and wait for drainage, then plant your seed. Germinated or not?
    You plant the seed, then have a small amount of soil on top of it, loosely.

15-30-15 is for flowering stage, not veg.

3. Thanks a lot man. Its in the ground. Another question. Long story but I colored the top 1/4 of the inside of the cup with blue marker. Could that be really, really bad? How often would you say to water also?

Thanks again.

4. As long as the blue markings don't rub off and get into the soil/water i think you should be fine, watch for discoloration of the markings to see if anything is being wiped away.

Because your still in germination, you don't want to water too much, just make sure the top layer is constantly wet, it would probably be a good idea to use a spray bottle for this purpose. Spray it about 3 times a day, more or less depending on the exact temp, and humidity. You can always use your finger to poke through the dirt to see if it's wet, if it is, then you might want to skip watering, if not, then spray a bit.