Need some direction in using Vapor Brothers...

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by grant, Jan 20, 2010.

1. So I just got a VB. The first time I used it when I would draw a mist/smoke was kinda visible at the end connection (long glass piece). I had it set to around noon. And when I exhaled there was noticeable amount of mist.

However I've done it two more times and there is a lot less noticeable amount. I've been turning it more toward 10 cause I've heard thats better.

But do I want to see some mist in that end piece when I'm drawing?

2. Something to consider when using vaporizers of this type is how you pull the hit. If you pull the hit to fast then the heat won't be given a chance to heat the herb and produce a vapor so when pulling make sure that you take deep slow even hits and you should get a nice vapor. Also allowing the herb to cook and heat up for a little before starting will help, and allowing the unit to fully heat up also.

I don't own a VB but this might help you because plenty of people out their don't get high from using vaporizers and its because they don't know how to use them. Vapor takes long to go into your blood stream then smoke does so holding it in your lungs for as long as you can is the best also to be able to absorb all of the THC out of the vapor.

3. ALSO....

How do the different temperature settings effect the weed/high? If it vapes a certain temperate then why isn't that just the setting?

4. #4 TexRx, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2010
    I run my Vapor bros. at 12 noon and I get reliable results.
    10 is too low.

somewhere between the 11:30 and 12:15 position works best.

5. Cannabis starts to produce vapors around the temperature of 365F. Some people will tell you that changing the temperature can change your high and give you different highs. From using the Volcano I haven't noticed this, I always start mine out around 365 and then turn it up towards the end just to vapor off those final crystals on the buds.

To answer your second question about why vaporizers have different temperature settings is because they are not only made to vaporize cannabis, they can be used to vaporize any other plant also. And those plants vaporize at different temperatures other then cannabis so that is why they give you the option to change temperatures just incase you want to try out different herbs.

6. Great advice.

Also, make sure your herb is finely ground (not powder though) and is on the dry side. More dry surface area equals a better vape.