Need some detailed instructions on starting seeds.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by BIGxBARE, May 20, 2012.

1. Alright, so my last attempt ended up failing. Will he ordering new seeds, and a lot more of them. My hydro system is set of for four plants so should I order about 10 seeds?

So I have a cutting tray with a dome lid and some "Sure to Grow" cubes (similar to rockwool).

So how should I grow these seeds out for net pots in a DWC system?

Paper towel germination till they have a good size root, then put them in the cubes and then what? How long should it take for them to pop up, and how long for its first real set of leaves? Should I keep using pH adjusted water or add just a minuscule amount? When should I start giving them light?

I really need help on the whole bean popping process.. Thanks

2. I use a wet paper towel and put it in a zip lock and place that on top of my LED (it's warm). Twenty-four hrs later 99% will be popped open. As soon as they pop open I place them in rockwool popped side down, in a net basket with rocks but here is the kicker:

The net basket is placed in a standard red solo cup that has a hole poked .5 to 1 inch from the bottom of it. I start it "hempy" style and just hand water from the top once per day until it is big enough to need nutes. When you water you want the water level to come almost to base of the seed and let it drain out of the hole, leaving a small reservoir behind. All the time this is sitting 2-3 inches under a 20 watt cfl 24/0. When I see third set of leaves, you can guarantee that it will not only have some nice roots coming out of the bottom of the net pot, but that it is stable enough to put in a bucket under some real light.

This is just my way of babying the babies... I spent the money on them so I want to make sure they work. I have lost babies in the past by not being as careful.