Need some crazy help with midi and such

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by astro_righteous, Apr 1, 2009.

1. im using acid pro, a microkorg and a korg ER-1 running thru a mixer and my keys are hooked thru midi also.

mind you im just getting into the hobby of beat creations and writing cool hooks and lines and melodies and such and my friend is even rapping. well not rapping more like droning on about being high and it sounds gay. but anyways,

i have my midi sequencer (acid pro) all worked out so that you can hear playback and i can change the different sounds at will while in playback and it wont interupt or anything, which is good. but thing is i want a totally different sound to play for say my bass line. i have a tricked out version of Turkey in the Straw as the melody. the ice cream man song.

but i want to have something more thick come thru on the bass. so somone please help me with this cuz its driving me nuts. if anyone knows anythign about production and any of those pieces of equipment then please get me back here or at my aim (amaiagi) or yahoo (astro_righteous) and please help me figure this out.

2. I don't get what your question is... so you want a different bass sound?

3. yeah like say i have some synth playing the melody. good hihger pitched sound without much bass.

then i want to write my own bass line, which i have, and i have it in the acid pro midi sequencer and it plays just fine.

i have the playback device set to my MicroKorg and the melody plays just fine in the program tone i want. but the bass line plays in the same tone just lower pitch.

how can i separate the 2 channels on the device itself? i mean for the channels to play at the same time but its really up to the playback device to separate the sounds. but i just dont know how to make it that way.

melody likes this:
    ba da da da bada dada ba da da

and bass like this:
    zzhhhh zzzhhhh zzzzhhhhhh

horrible example i know but you get the idea. so i guess you have to be knowledgeable with the Microkorg specifically to know what im saying.