Need some computer help

Discussion in 'General' started by xericx, Dec 13, 2007.

1. I know there are a lot of computer smart people on here. I'm just not one of them, which is why I need your help.

I go home every other weekends to my moms place to visit my friends etc, and I bring my laptop, because my moms computer is shitty. The problem is, I cant get my laptop to connect to the internet. I figured it would be as easy as unplugging the Ethernet cable from moms PC to my laptop but that isnt the case at all.
    Can anyone help, I always get stuck at the 'Connecting to Wan Miniport(PPPoE)' or something along those lines.
    All help would be appreciated.:)

:hello:eric:hello:

2. What version of Windows are you running?

Try right clicking the connection the lower right hand task bar and clicking "repair" or "fix" connection once you have plugged the ethernet cable in.

3. Also try restarting the router/modem.

4. power cycle,power cycle, power cycle

5. What you need to find out is what your moms log in and password is to her internet provider. Input that info when you connect to a new connection and it should work

6. That would be my suggestion. If it is PPPOE you will need a user name and password. :)

7. I know the username and PW, iv tried resetting the modem, shutting it off and on, I have windows Vista. I'll keep trying when i go there tomorrow and ill let you guys know.

:hello:eric:hello: