Need Some Clarification

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ElVatoFirme, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Whats up, everyone? I got a Blue Dream plant about 6 weeks into flowering, give or take a week. The buds near the top aren't big but they are bigger than popcorn buds but all my other buds, especially near the bottom, are just a bunch of tiny popcorn buds. I've researched this a lot but get many answers. I want to know if I could trim JUST the buds at the bottom that probably won't ever get big to increase other buds size? I'll try to get a few pictures up to show how many are tiny as hell. Any advice would be appreciated.

On a side note though: with my last grow, near the end of flowering, I trimmed whole branches off near the bottom and lower middle. It was maybe about 3 total, but after I did that, I noticed seeds growing at the top of some of my buds. I'm just trying to keep that from happening again. (Although a Blue Dream seed wouldn't be too bad since I heard its a clone-only strain haha)

2. I'm not sure how helpful this post will be, but I thought I'd share a similar experience.

I'm on my last week of flowering, and a couple days ago I decided to experiment and chop off all of the really tiny buds at the bottom of one of my plants. This isn't the first time I've chopped small/spindly growth on this particular plant (which by chance likely contributed to her recently hermying - but thats another story).

Anyhow, like you, I though, "chop this worthless stuff, and hopefully shell focus her energy on the important buds" - so I chopped away. Pulled about an 1/8oz off of her (dry).

I cleaned all that "worthless" bud up, and quick dried it. Smoked it and was very, very high.

Everything I've read indicates that chopping of any type should be reserved for veg stages only - and used as a last resort during flowering.

So I guess the moral of my story is, keep it on to be safe, even if you think it will be worthless, it will still get you nice and blazed :)

3. the 3 main factors i have found on fluffy buds are

temp. high heat causes fluffier bud

nutes..toomuch or to little

strain...its in the genes man

also curing plays a hugh part..down here in florida the temps outside were mid 90's for 3 months ...my crops that period had huge frikkin..slightly fluffy buds....they smoke great and have a wow factor when people see em...and now im gettin' ready to chop another run during cooler temps..about 80 and the buds are gettin' tight

[​IMG]

so im thinkin' heat is the most impactful factor..combine that with nutes trouble or poor genetics and sometimes ya just get what ya get..i grow for me:hello:so bag appeal is not an issue as long as the quality is there;)

hope any of this helps...peace:smoke:deacon

4. im growing the same strain and what i should tell you is to WAIT! DO NOT CUT OFF NUGS near the end of the flowering stage if you have side lighting they will blow up and add some weight. so the moral is dont cut anything unless its 50% damaged. i recommend side lighting if you have it because i did and the lower nugs are blowin up which = more nugs for me :)

5. Thanks to all of you. I will definately be using the advice.

Hey grnganja, hows it going? How long are you planning on flowering her? I've been watching the trichomes and well over 80 percent are still clear. The hairs are about half white and half pinkish/light red. Plus most of the buds are just tiny. You have the same thing happen?

6. What up man, I planned on flowering her for 2 months exactly. Today was supposed to be the day but once you say that you gotta wait another week so im told. But yes the trichs should be turning from clear to cloudy white and you should have about 25% of your trichs amber in color (so im told) heres my Blue Dream baby http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/692872-about-time-chop-her-down.html Its a great strain and didnt have too many problems except for nute burning the shit out of her in the early vegging process haha

7. I kind of nute burned mine too in the beginning. She just seemed to be taking it all real good you know?

8. Ya definitely know what you mean. It's an extremely resilient strain and took the nutes really well. no matter what i did it seemed not to mind that much haha