Need some cell phone advice, switching companys possibly

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Number1Indica, Nov 27, 2011.

1. so i have a smart phone, its a great phone but ya know, NOT worth the smartphone price (older model)

my bill is past due atm by a couple days atm, im wondering should i just straight abandon my current contract and sell the phone and get a new 1 ?

i do not care about the credit bs, they cant do anything to me.

anyone have any insight/advice much appreciated :)

2. Well if you are under contract, the fee to break it can be pretty large. Check with your provider to find out what this fee is so you can take it into consideration when calculating the cost of the new phone.

3. go to ebay, there is a lot of new smart phones, i personaly get one from it and i am happy with it

4. Tell the cell phone provider that you are moving and you do not get service where you are moving. Most of the time they will let you out of your contract. Then sell your phone now and then you have the money to switch.

BTW: You will still have to pay what is past due on your bill.

5. Gooseman's #1 rule to cell phones:

Never, EVER get yourself stuck with a contract. Buy a smartphone off ebay or look at your local government auction website. You can get a pretty decent SP for $50, and you'll own it.

6. [quote name='"Gooseman"']Gooseman's #1 rule to cell phones:

Never, EVER get yourself stuck with a contract. Buy a smartphone off ebay or look at your local government auction website. You can get a pretty decent SP for $50, and you'll own it.[/quote]

Can yoy share a link

7. [SIZE=12pt]Usually you can't come out of the contract until it expire.. you have to put forward a request to your SP and terminating contract will end up in contract termination fee.. Instead you can simply change carrier by unlocking your phone from any vendors online like [/SIZE]Prounlocking.com