need some bank/ law advice

Discussion in 'General' started by maffu, Sep 24, 2013.

1. I wasn't sure which section to put this in but I figured here was a good start. Feel free to move it if there is a better suited section. Thank you :)

First off, I'm not involved with any police matters, nor does it really have anything to do with Mary Jane, but need some advice none the less.

The first question is, If I share a property with someone whom I am not married to, will a bank accept that as a collateral for a loan on another property?

I have a few more questions , but they depend on the answer to the first haha. Watcha think blades and bladies?

2. Wow. You're asking this to a bunch of 16-20 year old stoners on the internetthat probably never bought anything other than an 8th or maybe a pack of cigarette.

3. Honestly, id just call a couple local ones and ask. My guess is no, but I really have nothing to base that on other than the fact they couldnt actually take full control of it. Perhaps there are some odd laws regarding partial equity depending on the type of property.

I'd think if its just land you could first split the parcel then be okay.

4. Unless you've signed either the note or mortgage, no.

5. Who does the property actually belong to? Like whose name is on the deed