need some advice

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr. Dank, Oct 17, 2009.

1. So one of my roommates has been picking fights with me lately over dumb shit because his doesn't like my girlfriend for some reason. So were not on good terms already, and last night me and my girl are walking in after smoking a blunt and he starts bitching and telling me to take the trash out in a derogotory way. First I just tell him to fuck off but he was drunk and he keeps trying to start shit so I hit him and we start fighting. We each get our hits in and neither of us really won but he scratched my face with his finger nails and I have some pretty nasty scratches on my face now.

Im not sure what to do I would rather not deal with cops especially since I wouldnt pass a drug test but Im not opposed if pressing charges would help me. I want to get out of the apartment with him cause I don't have time to deal with this shit. Any advice or suggestions on how to break my lease GC?

2. just get out! youll have to pay extra for you to break you lease..... i think

OR you can find someone whos willing to take over your lease. thatll make the renters feel better... i all they really want is for someone to pay them.... they dont give a fuck who.

but then again have you actually talked to your friend about why he hates your gf so much? there has to be a good effin reason if you guys even fought about it.

3. #3 ForYouBlue, Oct 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2009

Nah man, pressing charges wouldn't do you much good now. Had you not laid a hand on him, you could've gotten him arrested for assault (especially since he was drunk). But because you hit him back, you'd have to prove that it was self-defense to avoid getting charged yourself.

EDIT: Didn't see that you hit him first. That was stupid, dude. Don't get the cops involved.

The best you can do now is either:
    A. Talk to your rommate and try to work it out (ask him WHY he hates your girlfriend and try to come up with a solution; try to figure out a way to simply get through the rest of the lease), or
    B. Find someone to take over your part of the lease (you move out, he/she moves in, you get the hell on with your life and leave your psycho roommate in the past), or
    C. Break the lease, take the monetary loss, and move on (not a great option)

Good luck :)

4. thanks for the help guys thats pretty much what I figured. Does anyone know any ways to break a leasr without paying for it

5. why did you get an apartment with someone you dont get along with?

6. We were good friends untill we moved in after the lease was signed.

7. is he like a loner? maybe he's jealous of you spending so much time with your girl and not him.

8. yea its kinda like that. he isn't really a loner but he is kind of weird and went to anger managment when he was a kid. also he doesnt get along with his current gf and kind of looks down on women in general.

9. well you want real advice, from someone who's lived with a friend and had a girl come between us this is what i'd say to do.

just be straight up with him. tell him you dig your chick and you want to stay friends with him but it's hard with him being a little bitch all the time. if he doesn't grow up and start acting like a man and not a child you'll be forced to move out. it's not worth it to lose a good friendship over some girl. you'll just resent eachother for months after you and the girl break up. if he doesn't grow up, move out and cut your ties because he doesn't care about your friendship enough to worry about not having you as a friend over some petty shit.

10. Someone is going to have to move out. Y'all should sit down and decide on whom.

Pick better roommates in the future.

11. thanks guys. it looks like im gonna be moving into a pretty sick house with my girl. Its cheaper and its got 80 acres so plenty of room to grow this looks like a win win