Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need some advice.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by omnomnom weed, Aug 7, 2009.

1. #1 omnomnom weed, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
    Well, I've been smoking for around a year now... But I honestly don't smoke that much. I usually do when I have money and get the weed, but when it's gone I usually am broke and have to wait a while until I get money again. (I have no steady income, sadly.)

Anyways, I for some reason have lots of trouble falling asleep. Probably because I went on a binge of staying up until the morning or not sleeping that well at all for a few weeks. (1-2) So now I can't fall asleep until like 4-6 in the morning. Which REALLY sucks. And weed always helps me sleep like a baby.

Also, I know my dad smokes weed. And I kind of want a way to bring it up and discuss it with him or something. Maybe even see if he'd be okay with me smoking to help me get some sleep.

I come to all of you for some advice and help on how to bring this up and keep it as less awkward as possible haha.

edit: The way I worded not sleeping for two weeks isn't what I meant. I meant sleeping very shittily the whole time, with a couple days not sleeping at all.

2. #2 hatchplzhelp, Aug 7, 2009
    If he smokes just ask if you can have a couple of grams to help u sleep. All smokers know what a bitch it is to fall asleep with out weed. If you have insomia as bad as you claim to you need to go to a doctors office. You may have a medical condition and there could be something seriously wrong with you. If you stayed up for 12 days you would hold the world record.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-457403/Cornishman-sleeps-11-days-hes-rude-awakening.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomnia

3. get a bottle of melatonin from the health food store

4. I edited the original post. I worded something terribly which caused some confusion. Sorry about that.

What I meant is that for a week or two, I couldn't fall asleep until early morning, and then sleeping a ton in the day sometimes until 4pm. Usually waking up at 3pm. A couple days (two if that) I wouldn't sleep at all.

5. tell him about your insomnia first, then tell him smoking would help you sleep earlier and longer.

6. #6 sean216, Aug 7, 2009
    Why not just get a job? If you're taking classes just work part time. But if you can't get a job just ask him as long as you are over 18 it should be chill if you aren't then I wouldn't bother. And I have the same sleeping problem so I feel you, I hate prescription drugs but you might want to try sleeping pills..

7. If I do actually go ahead and talk to him, this is probably exactly what I'm going to use. Thanks a lot man.

Ehh, I don't know if I really wanna start taking sleeping pills. I dislike any prescription drug really =/.

8. If you are really 18+ then just be a man and tell him your problem and say you dont want to take presciption meds and weed would help you sleep better.

9. i have the same exact problem you have, just none of my parents smoke.

if you knoe for a fact that he smokes, then just str8 up talk to him about it. just be like, i know u smoke, im just telling you that i smoke. tell him about the sleep issue and im sure he wont be a dick or anything about it.

i also have the income problem... by telling him that u smoke and about the sleep thing , he may either just give u a nug or 2 here and therre or might give u an allowance. ask him for either.

10. Im like you sometimes. A couple things you can try is to stay up all night one night and then to try to set your schedule back on track that way by going to sleep on time the next night.

Another thing you can do is to start exercising or getting a job, Im not joking, inactivity is one of the major causes of insomnia. And if you get a job, you'll be able to buy some buds.:D

You can also look into some sleeping meds like Melatonin, Valerian, 5-HTP and Alteril (Melatonin, L-Tryptaphan and Valerian).