Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need some advice

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by blazeddd, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Picked up a shwag zip and decided to turn half into some strong edibles. Friend and I looked up some recipes and found 7g per stick, we decided to use 14g for one stick - but when doing it we found that there was a bit too much bud so we added in about half a stick of butter more. Stirred for the first 15 minutes and got it to a perfect simmer and kept stirring every 5 min or so for a total of 45 min. Strained it and immediately used it in a betty crocker macadamia cookie recipe. Problems with mixing/forming cookies so we just popped it all into a glass rectangle dish and baked it like a brownie, then split it up into 12 pieces. Ate 1 each, after about an hour a very low high.. somewhat.. maybe. Ate another 1 this morning, meh. Ate another 2 about 10 minutes ago... doubt it though.

Why is it so weak? Attached a pic of the bud, it's pretty decent after trimming it... I mean the guy gave me 26.5 of some shwaggy looking shit, but after I trimmed it myself it now looks like what it does in the picture... not bad right? 14g of it for 1.5 sticks of butter and 12 edibles should be pretty strong right? 

My theory is that we used the wrong recipe... shouldnt have used those cookies. When we were mixing it felt like it was very hard to mix together.. maybe should have used an electric mixer. We tried stirring and having other slowly drip in hot cannabutter.. but I'm thinking since it was so thick that the butter didn't mix so well? But I mean we've consumed 7 pieces now and I don't think any have worked... how could this be? Where else could we have fudged up?

Also I got 3.74g left of what's pictured - so what are some recommendations about making this into perhaps 2 very strong edibles - if not - just one. What's a super simple recipe? I'm considering just straight up eating the cannabutter as gross as it may be.. just to not fuck it up. I remember eating one huge cookie from a dispensary a few years back... it was the only edible to actually fuck me up and that's all my friend and I wanted to accomplish with this shwaggy zip. Maybe I should just consume the last 5 edibles at once... 

Attached Files:

2. Would it be accurate to say you neither decarbed the material nor controlled the cooking temperature? Those would be my two suggestions for your next batch of canna butter. :)

3. You used part of a shwag zip in the first place and should have used the whole thing.  As above you need to decarb, or cook for a long time in a crockpot or something similar.  I hate those cookies when you have to eat half a batch.

4. Oh man... yeah I had no idea about decarbing.

I used hashmouf's recipe last night- is it too late to decarb?
    It's about 3.5 and half a stick of butter, simmered it for 6 minutes and popped it in the fridge.

Could I throw it into my crockpot at low for 10 hours or is it too late? That's the longest setting on the crockpot btw.
    and would that little amount be okay? half a stick of butter

5. #5 puddleglum, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
    6 minutes? That's way too short a cooking time.

Decarb, followed by long, slow, gentle cooking, tends to give me good results. Have you read the Bad Kitty Smiles recipe yet?

If the herb is weak then the edibles will also be weak. Maybe that's the problem here? Have you tried smoking it to see if it has any potency?

For the best edibles, you should use the best material you can find: flowers, hash, concentrates, etc.