Need some advice

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Hello there!, Mar 9, 2015.

1. My gf and I are dogsitting for her sister.

Our cat is 5-6 months old. We've had her in our studio+br apartment since late October. She is very close to us, usually sleeping on my desk until I go to bed, where she will come to sleep - except for when she's playing with one of her toys, which is 60% of the time haha.

The dog we're sitting is a few years old, and has been through a few households. She is very needy; she is on the bed as soon as we are, she is on top of you as soon as possible, trying to get petting. She is the kind of dog that will stare at you from the sofa until you invite her to the bed. If she were a human, she would be creepy as fuck.

We're sitting her for probably 5+ more days. It's been 2. My gf had to introduce them while I was at work, and according to their actions since then, it didn't go well. My cat will hiss at the dog anytime she goes by; fur standing up and all. The dog will mostly ignore the cat, but if she's on the bed and the cat is close by, she'll run toward the end kind of ferociously, it seems.

Any ideas on how to get them to mingle any friendlier? Or should I just keep them as separated as possible for the week?

2. Im a dog person i had my dog panda since hella long man best friend you can say and me and my girl got a cat 4 months old my cat dosnt like my dog much. So i just keept in eye on them. Didnt really fight or anything. Maybe your cat is territorial and is mad another unknown animle is in your catz space. I say keep in eye on them but dont leave them alone together. If the cat hasnt tryed to attack or fight then let them get used to esch other but if it has tried then separation is the solution for the rest of the week. Thats my opion.