need some advice please

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by the lakeshow, Feb 7, 2013.

1. i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how i could vent two 4x4 tents using one fan/filter?

2. Sure! Just have one tent with intake (passive, no fan) near the bottom, and one with the exhaust fan near the top (heat rises), with both tents ducted together. Fasten the carbon filter to the fan, and you're good to go. You'll need to be sure to seal everything off pretty well and have a big enough fan, but totally doable.

3. Thanks! so its like a basic setup just with a bottom fanless duct from tent to tent?

4. If you can, have the connecting duct link from the top of the first tent to the bottom of the second tent, so that heat doesn't get trapped in the top of the first tent. Even then, you'll be blowing slightly heated air into the second tent. If the fan has enough cfm it should be ok. Theoretically. :)

5. ok well i have a 600w hps in one tent and a flouro in another. so have a duct come out of the top of my flower tent to the bottom of the veg tent? then have my fan and filter in my flower tent with nothing going to the veg tent?

6. btw im digging the scrog man looks nice

7. Nope, flip that around. Have the veg tent first, because fluorescent lights don't emit as much heat as that hps will. Have the veg tent duct into the bottom of the flowering tent, so that the air being blown into the flower tent is relatively cool. The fan and filter go last, pulling air through the entire setup.

8. so have my fan and filter in my veg room? also do i just leave a port open or something for fresh air? (sorry, Im not used to this indoor stuff its alot more complicated haha)

9. You can have it in the room as long as it's exhausting out of it efficiently. Usually people put it outside the room for space reasons.

10. ok thanks you have been alot of help i really appreciate it

11. No problem Kapt, happy to help. Lettuce know how it turns out!