Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need some advice on what to do. Please help

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Vdubstoner, Jun 24, 2011.

1. First off i appologize for the long read.
    So this is whats up. All throughout high school i was a pretty popular kid who got along with everyone. Had a large group of friends, went out every weekend, and blazed almost everyday. I just loved being high and was always down to smoke. A year after i graduated i started dating this girl who i ended up hanging out with everyday and forgot about my friends and smoking. Basically all i wanted to do was just be with her (sounds really lame, I know). Overtime my friends got sick of me not hanging out anymore and basically forgot about me. It never bothered me at first cuz i was just so into this girl. We have been dating for over a year now and im just starting to realize how much i miss all my friends and smoking. I guess im kinda depressed about it. Ive been trying to socialize alot more and tried smoking again. Now 75% of the time i just smoke with myself. Everytime i do smoke i get really depressed that i lost alot of my friends and this totally ruins my high. Being high actually makes me more depressed. I absolutely loved smoking when i was single and did whatever the hell i wanted to do but now its just not the same. Do u blades have ANY advice for me on what to do? and how i could possibly start enjoying smoking again.

Thank you for reading!

2. Man up, shit happens and it isn't going to stop on account of you.

3. Find your friends and bring a blunt OP to chill with them. Just go get friends, old or new, if they're worth being friends, they'll always welcome you dude. A relationship is cool, but you need to have a life outside of it, both of you, it's super important to have a release valve, peace out, don't smoke alone

4. Hit the nail on the head! Thanks

5. Pleased to help dude, goodluck

6. i had the same thing happen to me. i dated a girl for like 3 years and recently broke up with her, and when we broke up i realized i'd lost a bunch of my friends so i like know what you're going through. its not easy finding new/different tokers (there weren't that many to start with at my school), but eventually you figure shit out and move on.

7. Seems like you got the help you needed.

But

You need to go out and enjoy yourself don't be left out of the world because you have a girlfriend

8. #8 Oceanic, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2011
    A lot changes for everyone after graduation. People move away, move on, die, stay in the same place, go to college, not go to college, etc.

You have plenty of flexibility if your not in some dumb ass whisle stop town.

If you want to try to reconnect with some of your old friends you lost, maybe just give 'em a call every once in awhile and see what they're up to. They probably are doing something different right now, maybe even in your situation. If not, fuck em. You're young and can meet new people so... meet a new girl or find some new friends and move on. You didn't think those people were going to be in your life forever did you? If it was meant to be than it would have been. :smoke:

9. Get some Friends and DITCH YOUR BITCH :D

10. or find a girl who you can smoke with:smoke:

11. Im still with my girl and i can smoke with her every now and then. The problem is just when im high i get depressed and feel so lonely

12. Are you lonely because you miss your friends? If your girl loves you, she will let you have days where you can hangout with your friends to chill and do man stuff.

It's like the married couple scenario, the wife needs to have her spa, shopping, etc. days with her girlfriends and the guys have a football or poker night.

It sounds like you are choosing either girlfriend or friends, when in fact you can have the both of them.

Call your friends up to hangout and tell you're girl that you're gonna meet-up with some old friends. If she loves you, she'll understand.

And apologize to your friends because look at this from their point of view, you basically left the group for your girl. There's nothing wrong with that but you can't sacrifice your brotherhood for a companion. There has to be a middle lane, you just jumped the ship completely.

13. #13 Lacrossefire9, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Sexist! Women like poker and football too...Men like spas and shopping as well.....

Op go try and chill with your old friends and if they reject you then they aren't really your friends. If you're a reasonably nice guy you'll be able to find new friends in a heart beat.