Need some advice on pruning my young plants, 16 days.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PNWClosetGrower, Aug 28, 2015.

1. #1 PNWClosetGrower, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2015

Today i chopped off my first single true leave because they were pretty much entirely in shade from the other leaves and seems like the time to do it. My question is should i leave that lower growth or would it be wise to remove the bottom node of the new inner growth? They're still pretty young, only one's been topped right now and i'm a little worried about over stressing them by chipping at them. I'll put a couple pics, the growth has been great so far maybe too great is what i'm worried about my branches have doubled in the last few days with these new growths coming out of the center at the corner branches. Thanks all!
    DSC_0117.JPG
    DSC_0119.JPG
    DSC_0116.JPG

2. I normally don't do any real trimming until the week before I switch to flower. As for topping I top the shit out of my plants I top it the first time and wait for all the undergrowth to catch up the I top everything a few time to create a fat canopy of tops.

3. Thanks for the input bro.

4. It really depends on what training method you want to use. If you are running low lighting and plan to lst or scrofula then they might be beneficial. If you are growing a 4ft tall bush then I would remove lower growth.

If you do decide to remove them then you could always let them grow some more and take them for clones.

5. #5 PNWClosetGrower, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2015
    Well, it's my first run at this and i don't know what is going to work best for mepersonaly so i was going to top one witch i did already at 4 nodes, one at 5 and maybe topp or not top the other two and LST. Honestly i don't even know what scrofula is. i figure the best way to see what kind of yield i personally will get is to not do them all the same. I'm pretty anal and ocd so i dn't think i'll get lost doing three methods. I'm documenting everything really well too in case of failure so if i do i don't for the same reason next go around. Thanks for the info jay, always appreciated. my box will probably be stuffed by the end at 4x4.

6. you shouldn't trim leaves that early.. if you can see the leaves they are getting light since its reflecting it to your eye..just leave em alone and let them grow

7. Great i probably killed em again!

8. Biggest problem as a Newbies have is doing too much most of the time just let it grow.

9. nah they're fine lol I did the same stuff starting out and checking em every hour haha..when everything is going well its pretty boring and you only really need to check em once a day if that..they look good dont sweat it

10. I topped and LST for my first grow and its gone quite well. Its also quite simple

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk