Need some advice on if I should get a vape or not?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by BRadG69, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Right now I currently have a nice glass bong with a 4 arm tree perc. I'm a daily user and that is the only piece I use. Lately I have been interested in purchasing a vaporizer. I was deciding between the Pax and the Arizer Solo. I made my decision with the Arizer solo. But now I'm not sure if I even want to get the vape. I have $300 and can get the solo for $149.99. But should I really spend that when I have a perfectly nice bong that serves me fine. Will one stem get me high on the solo? Does it conserve bud? I don't have much of a tolerance. I get pretty ripped off one 14mm bong bowl. Is the solo worth it? Is there a different high between bongs and vapes? Any advice will be helpful.

2. I tried a desktop vaporizer call plenty and i would say that got me insanely nice. Its just less of a body high at lower temperature but when its higher its a nice little blend. Tried a solo and it just takes longer to get there to me but great vape for the price

3. I have a Crafty and I would "highly" (see what I did there?) recommend it! The Crafty is kind of expensive and I've never tried the Solo, so it might be a better value for the buck. But, as for vaporizers in general, I think they're great. Mine has very little smell, it's small and stealthy, and will get you baked AF.

I'm pretty tight with money, so here's how I justified buying a vape. I figured I'm going to use weed in some form or fashion. That's just how it is. So, if I'm going to partake of it, I may as well do it in a way that doesn't involve filling my lungs with smoke (I'm a non-smoker). I haven't regretted the purchase yet.

4. So you have a kick ass bong and are debating on whether or not to get a vape or not? I have an AMAZING solution at the bottom of my post.

Between the Pax and Solo, the Solo is the better choice. In you position i would get a desktop vape though. Unless you plan on vaping on the go then id get a Desktop for sure. I own a brand new Solo so ill go ahead and answer some of your questions.

1) Yes, 1 stem is usually .2 and i can get baked off just that.
    2) It can, i get higher off less bud in a vape then i would with a bong.
    3)YES, The solo is very very much worth the price.
    4)The highs are different. Vape highs are generally cleaner and less body high than smoking. BUT, with a vape you can tailor your high to how you want it. Lower temps 365F and below are very nice clean sorta energetic high. Higher temps are more couchlock like highs.

I used to rip bong daily for a long time until i bought a vape. Ever since i got my vape i don't like to smoke. Vaping just feels so so so much better to me than smoking. Smoking makes me feel dirty now.

Vaporbonging

You can hookup vapes to bongs. Its called VaporBonging, and its truly amazing. I get higher from vape bong rips than i do actual bong rips. Some portable vapes can vaporbong like the solo for example but most portables don't do that good. But Desktop vapes like the Herbalaire. Extreme Q, SSV, etc.. kick ass vaporbonging. I vapor bong using my EQ and a 1 foot acrylic bong. I just bought a new glass bong yesterday which is replacing my acrylic one. i HIGHLY recommend you looking into vaporbonging further.

5. So I did decide to get the Arizer Solo. I was very hesitant to get it but I decided on it and it's great. My first few sessions with it were all right. They were more of a few experiments to find what worked best. Even though I did get high on each session without knowing how to really work it. I tried a few different things and I think I found a sweet spot. So I bought a few steel screens and I mold one at the end of a sharpie to make a nice dome. I placed the dome in the stem which I found helps the airflow and stops any little pieces that gets through the four holes. I turn the solo on and set it to setting 5. I pack the stem then wait. When it's ready I put the stem in then wait about 15-30 seconds then take a nice slow draw and you can just feel yourself being filled with vapor. What great flavor you get as well. I leave the heat setting on 5 the whole session and I can take nice slow draws the whole 12 minutes it's on. When the device turns off automatically, my stem is usually cashed but sometimes I can turn it back on and get high again. After one 12 minute session with only one stem, I am baked. It's a wonderful high too. I'm extra toasted right now.

6. Yeah, the flavor is great. I rarely smoke anymore, but when I do, it tastes like licking an ashtray. Glad you like the Solo!

7. Dude, investing in a vaporizer is the best thing a stoner can do man. It conserves weed (takes less to get you fucked) AND allows you to RE-USE your vaped weed (to smoke). Also, if you decide not to smoke it, it's just an all around healthier option that your lungs will thank you for.

There definitely is a difference between smoking and vaping (vaping is a little more of a clean high that sneaks up on you), but I would never regret saving the money that I do. It pays itself off, trust me.