Need some advice on first soil mix....

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by BigBuds4, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Ok so here it is....
    Ive started a soil mix this is what I have so far:

4-4.5 cubic feet of peat moss

2 40 lbs bag of "Compost and Manure" IDK what the brand is, cheep bule and white bags from Homedepot

1 cubic foot of perlite (i need more I will add some soon)

3 cups Kelp Meal

3 cup Alfalfa Meal

4 cups Plant Tone Epsoma

3 cups green sand

hand full of gypsum

I have a few concerns and questions. I think I need some lime for the PH. I have Penningtons brand fast acting lime, but i have herd that it is too strong. Can I add this for what i need and if so, how much should I use. Or do I need Dolomite lime and how much if so.

I am concerned there is not enough P and K in my mix. Do I need more and what do you suggest I use to add this to my mix.

Any other things I should get to make this soil great. Oh and it has been sitting for a month and will probaly sit for another before it gets used.

Thanks for reading 

2. Rock dust - neem cake - worm castings -

BigC

3. How about the lime?

The lime is fine, I also have Penningtons. Use 1cup/cf.

Too strong?!? WTF!  It's nothing more than ground up rock and there is nothing 'too strong' about it.

That is just erroneous information.

Your mix sounds fine as is and the N-P-K sounds good also. Better to do a top dress with some Plant Tone down the line than have it too hot at the beginning.

I would snag some bone meal though and add it to the mix. It takes forever to break down and adding it later is too late. 1cup/cf. Find it also at HD or Lowes. I like the Hi Yield since it comes in 20lb bags, but whatever you can locate.

Wet

5. Thanks for the advice.