Need Some Advice on a Family Thing

Discussion in 'General' started by ShadowRunner, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Hey GC. I'm not sure exactly where to post this, so if it's in the wrong section, I apologize in advance and feel free to move it wherever it should belong.

The question is in bold at the end if you don't feel like reading so much. I really thought a history would help a lot though.

Anyways, I've been smoking for about 5 years now. I smoke about every other day. My grandmother and I were having a discussion about weed. She's not very pro-pot but not very against it either. She's kind of neutral on the issues in the US against it. We all know she grew up in the time that weed was "Reefer Madness" and evil. She never really bought into all of it though.

So during our discussion she asks if I do it. I responded honestly and said yes. I've lived with her pretty much all of my childhood and still do hang out there on occasion with friends, so she deserves to know. My grandmother didn't take it in a bad or good way. She just started asking a bunch of questions and accusing me of somethings lol. You know "Is that why you eat so much" "Did you sell your pills or something for weed?" (I don't even though she doesn't quite believe me)

The problem is I want her to be accepting of my smoking. She's KNOWN I've done it, but we never really got around to talking about it. She's literally the coolest grandmother, and she acted like my mother for all my life, so I don't want to yell at her or make her angry and argue. She even let me smoke (cigarettes) at a very young age when I was hooked. I mean, she didn't want me running the streets just for smokes and getting into trouble for god knows what.

Note: She even buys me rolling papers and pipes sometimes for birthdays and such, so I think she's known for awhile and wanted to talk but couldn't. She even admitted that if marijuana was legal, she would go buy some.

How can I get her to become more accepting? Should I show her some facts or something that she understands? I mean, I'm looking for some help here. Is there anything you guys did to convince your parents or "parental figures", in this case, to be accepting?

2. Trying to convince someone that's hardcore against cannabis is pointless.
    Someone that wants to learn some facts about cannabis should be shown the truth

Show her any of the thousands of videos that talk of cannabises good qualities.

3. Be thankful she's as accepting as she is. Respect her by keeping it to yourself and not being ripped to oblivion in front of her. Bravo for being honest with her. Keep up all that good work. Don't think you'll get her to condone anything, but sounds like she already is accepting of it. Your best bet for continued acceptance is your continued responsible behavior and honesty. Be the best grandkid you can, and the weed probably won't matter -- which is how it should be.

4. Oh she isn't hardcore against it. She isn't against it at all. Like I said, she's neutral on the issues. Kinda like Sweden is with wars lol.