Need some advice/input

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by DutchX5, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Alright so there's this girl in my communications class, she seems like just my type. But the problem is, she's one of those naturally friendly girls that sends out the wrong signals. The type to flirt with you then when you ask her out she rejects you. I mean she's not doing it on purpose she seems like a genuinely sweet girl but I just don't know what to do. She definitely likes me as a person, we talk a lot when we're in a group doing work.

The problem is I've been in this situation once before and it ended very very badly, really changed me as a person. I got a terrible rejection and I've been terrified of asking girls out ever since.

So I just don't know what the fuck to do. As we all know we have no control over who we fall for, so like it or not I have feelings for this girl. My plan is to just ignore her and be kind of a dick to her, that way hopefully she gets the hint and stops talking to me.

I don't know what I expect you guys to say, but I figured I might as well get some input on this.

2. Shes probibly just not that into you, Id just ignore her, fuck all that ben there done that. Just be your self always and let the right girl come to you. Trust

3. Yeah my thoughts exactly. It's just easier this way, no room to get hurt.

4. See how she scores in the midterm exam. Anything above B, then you go for it. Anything less than that, no.

5. Bro. Clearly, you have let yourself fall into the "friends" category.

Good luck on ever getting out of that. DO NOT ask her out. You may ask if she wants to hang out sometime whenever YOU are not busy, however.

6. well actually, if you like her, i'd say go for it. why not? if she says no then after the class is over you dont even need to see her anymore. at least wait it out a little bit.

7. I've only known her for 2 classes, we've had maybe two 5 minute conversations, there hasn't been time to get into the friends one. But I know exactly what you mean, the "friends zone" disaster is what happened to me with the other girl I mentioned in the OP.

8. Sorry for double post I just saw this...

But it's the beginning of the semester. If I ask her out and she says no/has a boyfriend then it makes the entire rest of the semester awkward as shit.

9. there seems to be an abbundance of girls like this existing, and stoners who use this site are attracted to them, and post threads like this all the time.

stay really good friends with her :) maybe you could be in with a chance lol (; in, with a chance.. hahaah

10. Since you've stated you are not in the friend's zone yet.

You need to make a move before you are.

11. I've noticed that, hell it'seven happened to me.
    As for OP,i'd just stay pleasant with her, keep it light until you have enough confidence and feel she'll respond positively. If she don't, don't act like a wounded dog,she doesn't need that satisfaction.

12. Ah but that will dig me a grave in the friends zone. The way I see it:

1) Stay pleasant with her - get thrown in the friends zone

2) Be a dick to her - ruin any chances of ever going out with her

3) Ask her out - assuming she says no, rest of the semester is awkward

I know full well I'm being a pussy. The last time I was in this situation really fucked with my confidence when it comes to girls, I just sort of assume that they're all the same as the girl mentioned in my OP.

13. Fuck man, I see how that situation is tough for you. But I guess you just gonna man up and be straight up,who cares if it's awkward? Sit somewhere else if it'll bother you. I know it's tough especially if you've been hurt before but your aren't gonna get over it unless you keep trying. Grab yo balls son!