Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

need some advice guys..

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by derrtynat, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Well Im a senior at high school and I have about 24 credits right now. I need English 4 and amer/gov to pass and grad. I have been fucking up nasty lately. This whole senior year since it started I been skippnig more tha n a motherfucker. The whole last week I skipped and the friday before that. I skipped yesterday also. So I think like I already fucked up and all my teachers will fail me. I dunno if I should drop out and get my GED or do this program for $600 you get the high school diploma from doing these work sheets they send you?? Some real talk advice would help good looks in advance. Skipping is mostly due to wanting to go smoke. I smoke everyday pure chronic and I think it's def. getting to me :eek: .

2. k well your an idiot for it in the first place and you made your own damn decision so you have to pay for it but i think its better for you to pay with cash then your damn ged that will get you nowhere.

around here we have what is called project succeed... it only costs 50 bucks a class not 600 and it was only a week long per class.

i myself had to do 2 classes but i got my diploma and im glad i did.

3. Yeah yeah I know Im an idiot for fucking up like that. I really did a number on this one :( . I think I should go get my diploma program for $600 than I go to community college for two years than on to a university for the rest of my years?

4. Nope Not an Idiot, Just a slow learner.
    Put down the weed and get that real education ! Then U can Buy a home somday and Grow some real Herb.
    Then get married and stop growing herb because you dont want your kids seeing it.
    Isnt It Ironic, Life at times?
    Pecae

5. Its not all over yet, how many days have you missed this semester? I'm in the same situation, after christmas break i have missed around 12-13 days since Jan 8 or so. All with no excuses. Recently i realized that im fucking up my life by doing that if im unable to graduate. So i had a long talk with my English and science teachers and i said i was going to bring in parents notes for "being sick" etc. Now im doing all my make up work in an effort to graduate. Hope this gives you some ideas on what to do.

6. You should've thought about this when you decided to skip. I'm not saying give up marijuana for awhile, but if you really can't balance your life out, then you're going to start running into endless problems. I'd go to your teachers and ask if theres still a way to pass and if so, just quit smoking or something and do good. It ain't that hard. I've been smoking for the past 3 years and I still get A's, B's and the occasional C's.

7. yeah I would def. say DUDE its your senior year last year! I Know how it is I was the same way but you shouldn't skip so much...just the amount your allowed... I know it sucks but damn its gonna be over so soon anyway!

8. no no no! you HAVE to graduate from highschool :) and it would be better for you to study up on your government (it's just memorization!), take good notes (so you have to go to class!!!), communicate with your teacher and of course, DO NOT act stoned or give your teacher ANY reason to believe that you you smoke that fire ;)

good luck!

ps: government was my least fav/most hated class in high school

9. this is what you need to do everyday:
    1.) Get up and go to school on time.
    2.) Pay attention and study
    3.) come home and do all your homework as soon as you get home.
    4.) when your done with your homework, and all other work/chores you need to do. PUFF to reward yourself.

10. I think what you need is a good ol' fashon 2nd senior year, thats the only thing thats gonna get it through your head what school means and how much you can benefit from it. I was in the EXACT same cituation last year, and I was dead set on not going back, but I thought about it and decided it wasnt so bad. See if your school district has a deal with a local community college or somthing, because I take classes at the highschool from 9-11, then go to the community college, earning college credit along with a buttload of HS credit, and the class is paid for compliments of the school district.

another thing is pot and school dont mix, i dont care what the fuck people say, you dont retain shit when you go blitzed to class. Im not trying to sound like a hypocrit, because on some days pot is a huge motivation to get up and go to school, but Ive experienced it first hand

fuck the GED, in my mind that stands for "Good Enough Diploma" thats what dudes in prison get.

11. For starters, I would say to check all of the High Schools in your area to see if they have a 'Night School' program. My senior year I was two credits short due to missing time taking care of my grandmother that I lived with. Night school is free in Maryland, only thing you have to pay for is a deposit for text books, and since its a deposit, you get it back when you finish the course(when you return the book of course). Its free, counts as "real" credits, and you get a real diploma. Best option I had in front of me, so I took it, and couldnt of been more happy with it. Best of all, each class is only like two hours, two nights a week.

Def. check into night schools in your area, the programs are run out of regular high schools, and you get real teachers that can actually help you learn, not just take some GED test that will get you no where, or get some shitty piece of paper that some t.v. infomercial calls a diploma.

Good luck. :bongin:

12. dude you need to stop smoking...you fucked up bigtime and no offense but you are an idiot for skipping all those classes and now you want a way out, so stop smoking and try and find a solution yourself cuz i dont know what your school is like...it shouldn't be that hard. seriously tho...STAY SOBER AND DONT DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL

13. suck it up and graduate from where you are now...i had a bunch of friends who did the early graduation programs or GED programs and now 2yrs later they're all kickin themselves in the ass for not finishing where they should have

14. Dude, you already have 24 credits.. thats more than enough around here.. Finish your dues ( only 2 classes )

15. woah shit
    up in canada for me its 110 credits to pass
    id just recommend summerschool
    it is only like 2 straight weeks
    full school days
    but yea youd do well if you went
    and its cheap i think

16. I made that same mistake, but just pull your shit together and make it clear that you know that you made a mistake and you want to give it your all now... most teachers will be down with it. For those who aren't... check out www.keystonehighschool.com or something similar for those classes that you fail anyways...

I know a burn-out who dropped out the day before graduation because he wanted to get high so badly. The teacher told him that if he stood up and walked out of class he failed him, and they stared eachother down for about 30 seconds and then he walked out and got high. Now he works as a carpet cleaner... I met him tokin up behind a head shop.

17. way to waste 11 years of school .. fuckin idiot who drops out the LAST year..

18. Ummmmmmmmmmmm you don't need to do anything other then change your attitude, get some work ethic, and be like shit son, I can do this...Seriously go talk to your teachers and be as sincere as possible...you'd be suprised how much people are willing to put themselves out there for you if you show some effort....

They will at least work something out to let you pass..

19. hey stoners be nice. i think a lot of kids in highschool dont use marijuana very responsibily yet because of various reasons. i myself dropped out of highschool during my last semester. im not stupid, my grades and attendance were low, but my test scores were high. and so was i, everyday, high as a kite before school if i actually made it there. but i have my diploma (similar to the worksheet thing) and am becoming sucessful in the realestate investing. i had to work my butt off to do anything with my life without getting a college education, but i make enough money to live. and ill make more. school just couldnt do it for me, im much happier now that im free of that.

if you're going to drop out and go to community college, and you can actually complete and attend school then go for it. save yourself time. but be an adult.

20. First off, Im not going to diss on you because you choose what you did. We've been there, done that but possibly not in the same situation. Everyone makes mistakes.

Secondly, I smoked my junior and senior high everyday(sometimes before, but mostly afterschool) and i still graduated with a 3.4. Its all about balance. Like someone said earlier, you cant make that balance out, marijuana needs to get out of your life at least for a tiny bit. Check out night classes, afterschool tutoring and community colleges for your GED if you decide to go that route. College isn't exactly the easiest thing because you gain so much more freedoms(most of the time no rentals, you dont have to go to class if you REALLY dont want to... etc.)