Need some advice/guidance

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mixcloudiris, Mar 23, 2019.

1. So I am planning on starting my first grow asap. I plan on growing a single auto-flowering plant (Maybe 2). I would rather grow outdoors but I live in Victoria Australia and we are curently going into autum - winter and from what I have read the plants really do not like the cold at all. I might try it anyway just to see what happens but the potential solution I have thought of/need some advice with is growing inside by the window. Kind of like a green house I guess. I dont want the additional cost of setting up a proper indoor at all. Is it feesable to grow a plant this way? Provided it gets as much sunlight as possible and the temp stays relatively warm. I dont mind the smell either. In Aus we do have some warm winter days but also have some very cold ones with morning frosts being common in winter. Any advice is appreciated!

2. You can just have a light anywhere in your house.just use white light LEDs not burples
    Also have it low so it's not in your face

• Like Like x 3
  3. @Digga1 see if you can give a few good tips and advice :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Ha the good Old Hot Potato game hey. Lol...

I just got thrown in the deep end, I've never grown an "Auto" yet and i think there temperamental basterd's. But it would be the better idea for something over Autumn and or Winter, a "Photo" im not sure how that would have gone as I've never grown during the Off Season either.

That being said I've never grown indoors, told ya i got thrown in the deep end of the creek. Lol...

Since its an "Auto" Hybrid it come's from the Northern Hemisphere as having Short Day's and a Cooler Climate (Cannibis Ruderalis). So i can only see good thing's for an off season grow, just give it as "much light" as possible.

I've read on here that some of the Indoor grower's have had them on a 24 hour light's on period, but im not 100% sure & why. I would think a little bit of dark would be beneficial to the plant growth.

Your soil, i use Scott's gear but that has "slow release" 3 month fertiliser in it and that's ok for an outside grow for 5 or 6 months as by the time flowering begins the soil will have used up all of it's goodies. You may just want to get a bag of Organic Soil from Grow Master Nursery, some places will make up a 25 liter bag for you but you'll have to work that bit out.

If your doing a green house, you'll have to keep a good eye out for Mould. Especially if you have it flowering in there.

As for Light's that's up to the next person to help you with, i have a 15 year old 400W something that I've never used yet.

One day maybe...

• Like Like x 3
  5. Lol sorry digga lol I just know your you are in aus and you grow outdoors with your trees :) lol I'm strictly indoor and other side of world from you so potato had to get passed lmao :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Yes I figured my best bet was the autos because of their hardiness and better resistance to cold. Going from what you have said I think I will go ahead with what I had in mind and just do what I need to in order to give it as much sun and as much warmth as possible and see what happens! It would be nice to know that you could do a hot potato grow during winter in aus, who knows maybe it will be a success!

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 Digger, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. foooooooking love biobloom if its biobizz its the shizzle ma nizzle :D

9. 18 hours light a day of light is fine for auto's, if it's not contained In it's own room keep a spray bottle handy, few sprays on the foliage and top of soil, 2 or times a day will keep it happy if R/H gets low.
    As for nutes, have you seen black magic potting soil. Its Fully ammended. Made by miracle grow for the cannabis market.
    Just requires a bit more perlite than they put in already.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I have already got advanced nutrients ph perfect micro grow bloom and was going to combine this with a mix of bunnings compost/seedling mix and some perlite for soil as well as a few fruit and veg scraps. and just play the sun and temp conditions by ear.

• Informative Informative x 1