Need some advice GC

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Incommision, Mar 27, 2015.

1. For the protection of everyone involved I'll shift the story around a bit and I'll keep it short and sweet. I'm moving back to my home province in a few days and I'm more than ecstatic to see all of my old friends. However, there's one friend in particular who I was pretty close with but apparently from what he/other's have told me he's no longer a part of our group of friends and there's a very big reason as to why. This friend has had problems with different things in the past and has gotten help for it, however after he was "released" from said help he starting going down the wrong direction once again and to sum it up he stole nearly 1000$ from a friend. 

Now here is the thing, I'd like to consider myself to be a good person and someone that's very understandable but I'm somewhat lost. He's had a bit of a hard time over the past year or so and he doesn't exactly have a good support system nowadays as he's told me since none of the group associates with him anymore. He stole 1000$, I mean that's a pretty dumb thing to do obviously but he actually ended up getting 1000$ back to the guy he originally stole it from and apparently they're chill now but besides him everyone else still doesn't associate with him still. I'd like to think I should be there for my friend, even though he stole 1000$ he's had some issues like I said and he's not going to get better with no one around. 

What should I do here? 

• Like Like x 1
  2. I say hit him up and see how he is. See if he has some bullshit my side of the story response about it. He'll be trying to justify it to you way before you say anything to him.

3. #3 triptomatic, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    Everybody makes mistakes. Some people make a whole lot of them, and really big ones, too. That being said... Be very careful.

The fact that he repaid the money and is chill with the guy he stole from seems very promising. He may just need another chance, and friends who believe in him!

I say be there for your friend, and give him the loving support he so desperately needs. Be careful (especially at first), but at least give it a shot.

If, even after that, he betrays your trust... That was his final chance. That's when you can happily join your other friends in not associating with him, and not need to feel bad about it at all.

Good luck! I hope your friend manages to conquer whatever issues he's been facing. And that you'll be there to see it happen. :)

Follow your heart. Some people will write him off just because he stole the $1000. Others will forgive him and move on, believing that the circumstances that made him a thief are over and done with, and that he's trustworthy once again. The only correct answer to your question is to do whatever you think is okay. It sounds like he's someone you think is okay now, so treat him like the friend you know him to be.

If he paid the money back then he somewhat redeemed himself. I would still remain friends as long as he hasnt wronged you but I wouldn't lend him money. 

If he did end up getting the money back to the person that suggests he still valued the friendship and cared about the dude he wronged. With that being said it's still a big deal, friends should never steal from friends no matter what the circumstances are.

If I were you I'd remain friends with him but maybe be a little cautious about lending money and possessions. Who knows, he might just need some good friends to help him resolve some of the problems he's dealing with.

Good luck OP hope everything goes well! :)