Need some advice about nutrient selection. Any help appreciated!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by redtheherring, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Hi guys. I live outside the US and the EU, so getting the nutrients everybody seems to take for granted can be a problem.

Could somebody have a look at the table in the link below and point out some equivalents?

Hygrotech Sustainable Solutions

2. Can you give us a country your in? Maybe we can find a distributor for nutrients....that chart is tarded

3. unless your on the dark side of the moon UPS will ship to even the darkest regions of the world. Reach out and touch someone!

Herb

4. Yep, thanks dude. I live in South Africa. There is a distributor for GH in Joburg, but that's pretty far from where I live and I was hoping to find an alternative. Shipping costs can be killer, and the stuff's imported, which is another massive markup. I paid about 40 USD for a bottle of Biobizz Bloom the other day.

5. I think your best bet is to search for something in your area which you feel will work, and ask the forum "what about this"...

There is a lot of alternatives, you may not get the best results, but it'll work, and you may have to do some dialing in or the alternative you choose...

Being in South Africa, you do not have a whole lot of options but to bend over and take it in the bum... :eek:

Any South Africans out there which can help a brother out???
    Maybe PM this guy, he also is in South Africa
    http://forum.grasscity.com/hydropon...d-new-room-1t-post-1st-grow.html#post10867017

6. Good idea dude. What about the attached?

Hey awesome, thanks mate. I'm going to drop him a line and introduce myself. He seems to have found some pretty cool suppliers.

Attached Files:

7. I assume you're using hydroponics???

Looks like they have what we're looking for in nutes (for the most part anyway)..

Do you have a PH and TDS pen???
    You will need them because you're really going to be using the trail and error method using something which is unfamiliar with advanced growers to suggest what ratio to use...

You will also need to get PH up and down..
    I don't suggest the home remedies for lowering and raising the PH..

You want to keep your PH at 5.8 in hydro or 6.8 for soil, and I would start with 400-600ppm and work your way up until you're around 1000-1200ppm watching for signs of nute burn...

8. Do a search on using the KISS method, it's using just one nute for everything. It works great and wouldn't kill yah on shipping.
    here's a link.

9. I have used MaxiBloom and did not like the results at ALL...

If you bothered to read redtheherring post before you posted, you would have seen that he is from South Africa, so the shipping costs to him are outrageous, then GH is an imported product to his country which raises the cost even more....

Your eyes are your best friend....
    Read before you post, don't let your mouth run over your brain, so you do not get hand grenades tossed at your head, or get a dam good helmet with me around!! :laughing: