Need SERIOUSE help with soil!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stoned14, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Yeah, I just check out the journal. I hope I can get it like that soon!:cool:

2. #22 HighTek, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
    If you use FF put a little dolomite lime on top and you shouldn't have any ph issues thru out your grow. This will fix the heavier nutrients in FF. I also prefer Promix Soilless mix. Very good aeration and even more so combined with air pots. Your setup looks good. What are your temps in there? You may need to look at some ventilation.

3. Do not mist your plants.

4. idk my temps but that is definitly my bigest worry is the temp. im growin afgan and i keep trying to make logic out of its probably hot where the strain is originally from hahaha. What if i backed off to just the four 100 watt cfls. i have two fans in there but im still kinda worried. any specific ideas?

5. #25 HighTek, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
    What are ur temps at? You need ventilation. It helps with temps and also recycles the air which is very important when using smaller spaces,

6. If you want a plant-and-forget type soil like you were saying... don't bother ordering online.

Build an organic mix for cheap. You want a potting soil that has no nutrients in it, some perlite, some blood meal, bone meal, and kelp meal, and some earthworm castings.

That should get you from start to finish. That's basically what's known as "LC's mix." I believe it calls for Sunshine mix, but you can use nearly any soil that's not amended with nutrients.

Google LC's mix for amendment ratios.

7. dont order dirt online foo. thats how our world becomes seriously fucked up

get some local dirt and add nutrients/ or collect glass clippings and compost them if your dirts half clay like mine

mabye aeroponics, hydroponics there both technical superiors the probems just setting them up, but if yor ordering dirt online u might as well jus get a automatic mister or wuteer for aeroponics

8. i meen not to mention the best part of dirt is what plants suck up and use, so just order yourself a sickle or go to your grandfathers farm n get one like i did if it applys to you, run around choppin up plants n have a fun day of it, n lern to compost

note - chopped plants make even better material for mushroom growin so if your indto that bro your lif will be happily ever after x2

9. #29 Sinister, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2011
    Looks like you got a good start but plenty of research left to do..

Personally as far as soil goes I always use Fox Farms ocean forest.. I've been down the road with miracle-gro, self-made mixes, coco and everything else, and ocean forest is just good as it comes, I sometimes add a little sand or extra perlite but thats it.

People 'bake' their soil to kill any eggs or larva that was in it so the bugs do not come out to play when your growing, this does not hurt the soil in anyway if you do it at the right temperature.

It is perfectly fine to mist your plants. Does it not rain outside? Now, this should be avoided in certain situations and probably done not quite as often in late flowering, but yes it is fine to do I've been misting my girls for a decade and never had a problem. I'm talking pure water here, not nutrient mixes.

Good luck.

10. [quote name='tehpurplepills']dont order dirt online foo. thats how our world becomes seriously fucked up

get some local dirt and add nutrients/ or collect glass clippings and compost them if your dirts half clay like mine

mabye aeroponics, hydroponics there both technical superiors the probems just setting them up, but if yor ordering dirt online u might as well jus get a automatic mister or wuteer for aeroponics[/QUOTE=tehpurplepills;11795297]

If there is no hydro store around him then he should order his soil. Buying soil from home depot and walmart ect... has bugs in it that are very hard to get rid of.

11. I ordered fox farm ocean forest. It only cost me 30 dollars for two bags and i added 20% perlite for drainage.

12. nice man. now your good to go.