need serious help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jordan8956, Oct 7, 2011.

1. ok I am serious about wanting to do it...I have it all planned out where to do it and all that jazz....I was wondering what is the first step to an outdoor grow after I get the seeds...do I just germinate them in a paper towel then plant them?!

2. Jordan,

If you are serious, you obviously posted in the wrong section. If you're here asking what to do, you should be posting in the absolute beginners section and I say that with all due respect.

You have a lot of learning to do and the highlighted parts of your post should be posted in the absolute beginners section, or better yet, you could use the advanced search function and start your education in earnest.

I can move this thread for you if you want, just let me know. I will give you my take on the paper towel method however......Do you really think a farmer or a nurseryman would germinate their tens of thousands of seeds in paper towels? Or would they plant them directly into the soil?

Welcome to GC and.....

HTH

chunk

3. sorry for the error please move

4. First thing you need to do is wait until spring time. Now is the wrong time of year to be planting out. If you don't know that you really shouldn't be growing as you'll just be wasting your time and money.

You obviously don't have it all planned out.

When I germinate, I use small pots, one seed per pot. I get the soil moist, not wet, use a pencil eraser to poke a small hole in the soil, drop a seed in, cover with a bit of dirt and keep warm and moist with decent air circulation. No light is needed.

To be really on top of it, sex your plants when they grow out and only plant out the females. Even better, keep the females indoors as Mother plants and takes as many clones off of them as you want to plant out.

Good luck and get to your research. Spring is not that far away.

5. So do you have your grow site all picked out? Are you starting to take care of the soil? Now is the time to do that. Are you watching the area to be certain you have no people traffic? Are you looking to see what animals are in the area that you'll have to deal with?

You should be hiking the area to get familiar with it, but not beating a path to your grow site.