Need Serious Help With My Girlfriend Who I Have Been With For 1 Year

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Tuck420, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Hello Grasscity

I have been having some problems with my girlfriend, she has had a really really rough up bringing and is not emotionally 100% stable but she is a really really lovely girl and I love her so so much, she is my first love and my first for pretty much anything and I know she feels the same too. 

We have been arguing over the past 3 months or so quite badly, we have broken up several times including this morning. The brake up never lasts for longer than a day or so because we both are hurting so much from what has happened. It is getting to the point now where I am hurting myself, punching walls, giving myself cuts on my face my arm anything to stop the pain because it hurts so much. I have had the temptation to crash my car, kill myself all because of some arguments we have, these are not silly petty arguments these are quite private things in the family which I would not like to say on here. 
    I want to stay with this girl, I love her so much and I would literally do anything for her but I can't carry on much longer, my brain feels like its  deteriorating from all the arguments today I have been upset ALL day. I use to be happy, go out everyday with my friends and all get high, the more I think of them days the more I want them back, but I just simply cannot let her go :( Please can someone help me, I told her I'm going to pick my stuff up from hers in a hour, but I don't know how it'll go when I see her!

Can someone help me? I feel REALLY lost and even more tired/fed up of this.

Whoa! First you really gotta calm down, take a bong hit, and relax. You need to be rational if you're going to deal with this. Its really hard, I know, especially with it being your first love and first everything. I had a girl like that, and she was not stable either. She was awesome to be around when she was being nice, but when she would get mean..... boy would she get mean. She ended up cheating on me (which I walked in on ... ugh), and I about lost it. You would think I would get rid of her after that, and I did, but I took her back like a moron and that cycle would repeat it self a few times before things finally came to a head and I left her.

I didn't know any better back then. The logical thing to do would be to leave her, deal with the hurt you're feeling, and ultimately learning from the whole experience. Only knowing what you've told in your post, I can tell you that arguments with your significant other are normal. Relationships are an ebb and flow of the good and the bad; but if you're going to be with someone in that capacity, you need to understand that. And I'm not talking about petty arguments either, I'm talking full blown deep digging arguments. It happens and it all depends on how your relationship is as far as how you'll end up dealing with it.

My advice to you would be to really spend some time apart from her. It sounds like the more you're with her the more you're getting hurt. Whats worse is you're hurting yourself. I know the feeling of wanting to end it all because of an argument. In the end, it just isn't worth it. I'm having relationship issues myself in a marriage of 10+ years. Yeah I've felt like ending everything due to some arguments and the mean things my wife has said to me out of anger. But I would be cheating a lot of people out of something.... and MOST importantly, I'd be cheating myself and not being fair to myself. 

Bottom line is, spend some time apart. Don't give into her requests of wanting to stay together. Sounds like both of you really need some time apart (like a week or 2). Spend that time making yourself stronger. Go out with your friends and get blazed. Become more self-aware of who you are and how you tick. But be a strong YOU, by yourself. Only then can you make it through a relationship; good or bad.

That being said, I wish I would've taken my own advice 10 years ago.... I could probably be a little bit stronger for my family right now, and not feel so insecure about certain things.

3. You are co-dependent and you need help. it is illegal to attempt suicide. You need to be strapped down and questioned by some shrinks.

4. #4 tstick, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
    Hey OP,

Don't be another "that couple" who thinks they are the only ones to ever experience "real" love and pain, etc. You're not. The fact is that you're acting like a novice of life. You fight with each other because you've made your whole world each other and you haven't even been into the real world yet…No wonder it's so difficult for you to understand things. And with your limited life-experience, the only way to deal with shit is to contemplate suicide because that simplifies everything "On" and "Off"…Live and Die…so simple…isn't it?

If you kill yourself, only a few people will really care…because you haven't been anything or done anything yet. You're just an inexperienced kid. Nobody outside a few people in your family will give a toot and after awhile, even they won't remember you. So your ideas of ending it all are basically inconsequential. Why not just give yourself a chance to live some hurt/pain…get over it and become stronger…which, in turn, will make you more attractive to a much wider array of people?

You think your situation is really unique? It's not. It's unfortunately common. And you will grow out of it even if you can 't imagine how at the moment. It's called life. Live it. Don't cower from it.

5. #5 GratefulFred, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
    A little time apart might not hurt.  It sounds like you both have issues, so it isn't really right to say that she is the one who is emotionally unstable.  It could be that you each are a bad influence on the other. I'm also going to guess that you're both quite young as this sounds like the type of relationship people have when they are young.  I mean no offense by this - it takes time to learn how to have a good relationship - how to not do things that antagonize the other person, and how to let minor perceived slights go by, how to support and be there for each other in hard times rather than causing each other emotional distress.   This may just be a learning relationship for each of you.

It's very important to care for yourself first.  This isn't selfish - if you don't take care of yourself and see to your own needs you won't be able to do that for another person either.  I sure hope you take care of yourself rather than committing suicide or something like that.  Things will definitely get better.  Sometimes you just have to wait it out.

This is helpful to more people than just OP.  :metal:

7. My first love sounds so similar. We were together all through HS. When I got accepted into school she rewarded me with her car keys to my face. I stayed with her for the summer because I too loved her so much and I did love her. But we broke up rather quickly after that and I promised myself to just stay away for a short bit. Well that became all semester and I just didn't miss her that much. I didn't miss the antics at all. Best thing is to take time away. You'll think more clearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. #8 I Railed Hellen Keller, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
    You should just like dump this chick, get some new twat to pound and .... what ex?

9. Well judging by what you told us (which isn't really anything to be honest) it sounds like you're both dependant on each other which isn't good. Perhaps try and sit down and talk to each other and try just ending the relationship while both of you work on yourselves.