Need serious advice/help

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by TexasToker16, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Ok so I need some advice from you fellow blades. So I am 18, a senior in high school. I am diagnosed with servere depression, anxiety, and insomnia. I am on lexapro 20mg for depression and Trazadone 150mg for sleep. So last April before I was on these medications or diagnosed with anything I went thru a very dark time and eventually went crazy to the point where my parents had to take me to a behavioral and wellness center..(mental hospital hahahaha) and when I got out I was fine until about a week or so ago. I am back to having suicidal thoughts and wanting to die. I have told my mom and she has told me that I'm fine and that we are not going thru what we did last april again. What do I do?

2. Smoke a joint and chill out. You're 18, why would you want to kill yourself? You still got your whole life ahead of you

3. grades are shit and I've buried myself in such a deep hole with school

4. Read up on your medication- just because some guy in a white coat tells you to eat them doesn't necessarily mean that they are good for you. You're eating medicine that directly affects your brain!

Tell us more about yourself, it's a bit hard to help a guy on the edge of insanity and suicide without at least know what he is having issues with :)

5. the main part of my depression/anxiety is school. I am always so worried about my future but I never seem to do anything about it at school. I'm on vyvanse for my ADHD which I thought would help out with my attention span but it hasn't.. I just don't know what to do anymore..

6. #6 piepgras, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    You need to stop worrying- you're 18. It may seem like you've had a lot of time to think things through, but you're still a newbie in the game of life and while school may seem like "the future" it's really not. School is a swamp of shit you have to walk through before you can start doing what you Really like. I was in the same boat as you, school disgusted me- I had little reason to go there and it stressed me the fuck out for no reason, during the 3 years it took me to get through what is equivalent to your college (I'm Danish) I had a total of 17%, 27% and 23% absence (per year) from my lessons, the teachers sucked, the management sucked and the exams sucked- I was talking to my principal on the daily and dodged expulsion twice (By lying)! The list of people who didn't enjoy school is endless, literally.

Tell us about yourself and your situation in school perhaps? Are you behind in everything, missing several assignments, have zero friends, feel dumb...? I'm just guessing here :)

Exactly how many different medications are you using and what is your dosage? It sounds like you're just being given the default prescription drugs for conditions that you can hardly "nail down" and identify the source of. Don't you think it's suspicious how ADHD is pretty much an epidemic in America, yet in all other countries it's hardly even recognized as a condition?

Read this: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/suffer-the-children/201203/why-french-kids-dont-have-adhd

Are you truly sick and in need of medication, or are you just unsure of yourself and your situation and willing to take any help you can get? It's very important to understand how drugs treat symptoms and NOT causes. You can eat all the painkillers you want to remove the pain in your back- but the pain is still there, you just don't feel it. The penicillin will remove a bacterial infection, but it will not prevent it from happening again. You need to start treating the causes of your mental "instability" and stop treating the symptoms. Exercise, smoke, meditate, whatever makes you feel at ease with yourself!

Edit: wrong link, lol

7. why do people say "eating" when talking about taking pills? its not a meal, you dont prepare it, put it on a plate, chew it and swallow it.

English isn't my first language, I don't really care if you eat or take your pills :p The message got through.

9. Get off those medications man. Do it slowly and properly but that shit will only make you more fucked up.

10. there's a lot of english speaking people that say that same thing though. just think its weird :p

11. I can say too that I was on those meds, and in a similar situation. Especially now a days high school sucks. Not that it ever was good... but it sucks, and  people are fucking rude. But you will soon be out, and be in the real world. Then the path is yours. I'd be lying if i said I didn't think about suicide everyday... but as each day goes on it seems to get a little better and better. Especially when you do things you enjoy and create a future for yourself. I went cold turkey off lexapro and some others... I Really DO NOT recommend doing that but you can go off them safely. It's ultimately your decisions but having a clear mind to make correct choices is key. 

12. My suggestions-

Start exercising! :hello:  Exercise releases a bunch of "feel good" chemicals in your body. Among them are some that work exactly like THC! Also, when you exercise, the THC stored in your body fat is released into your blood. The scientists in one study were wondering if it could be enough to mess up drug tests! :eek: Regular exercise has been shown to help get rid of depression.

Start taking Omega 3! It is healthy for you in many ways, but since we are just looking at depression-

How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood?  http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Long-Before-Fish-Oil-Works-on-Depression-to-Lift-Your-Mood?&id=4229948

Getting enough Omega 3 helps with depression AND acne! :yay:

Acne vulgaris, mental health and omega-3 fatty acids: a report of cases http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2577647/?tool=pmcentrez

Eat a healthy diet!  Diet affects your mental state more than you realize. A lack of "B" vitamins can certainly affect your mind, which is why "B" vitamins are the base for every OTC "Stress Pill"!  Binging on too much sugar can cause a sugar crash, which can "make you act weird". There's even a candy commercial where someone is transformed back to their normal self by eating the candy. Learn something about nutrition! A lot of today's food is not really fit to eat!

If possible, volunteer somewhere! :yay:  A food bank, the humane society, just grab a bag an pick up trash at the park, tutor 3rd graders in math... whatever! Helping others "gets you out of yourself" and helps you put things in perspective! Ask your school counselor, he may know of something.

Remember you have a family that really does love you! I can guarantee your Mom is freaking out inside about your mood change.

And you got us, too, all your crazy stoner friends at GC       :ey: :hippie:  :smoke: :metal: :smoking: :bongin:    :gc_rocks:  - and we are here 24/7, whenever you need us!

(((HUGS)))

Granny

13. im 18 and a junior in high school lol i love life  :smoking:

14. Probably early symptoms of schizophrenia. Your around that age when those symptoms start to show and if your smoking weed those symptoms intensify  

15. As a fellow blade, insomniac, some with with depression and anxiety as well. I'm 20 and it's never going to get better until you start saying" I got this man, today's gonna be a good day" look bud. I understand the dick mom and pop. Ignore them. Do some self soul searching. Get a hobby. And take some alone time. You'll pull through this. And if not. You can always message me on here. No judgement. No bullshit. I've been there. And I still have some bad days. But life does in fact go on. Keep your head up man! The world is beautiful. Just not the people haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. the weird thing is that most people as depressed as me don't have a lot of friends.. But I do. I always have had a lot of friends. I have an okay life. I just seem to find myself being negative all the time

17. can someone please tell me that he's joking? Haha

18. He's fucking with you. Listen to the advice Storm Crow gave you, she's the bomb :p

Oh and I almost forget; welcome to the city!!

19. thank you for the advice!

Ya man it's bs.