Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need second opinion on if these mids have mold

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GT2RS, Jan 23, 2012.

1. So I found a connect that sells mids for 120 a z. I was really impressed with the quality of the sack I bought yesterday, but I went home and took pictures and if you zoom in it almost looks like the mid has too many white crystals to be true. Usually "mids" around here look like they were just pulled out of the dealers front yard.

Attached Files:

2. Looks pretty good to me. Where exactly is the mold?

3. can you show more pics? it looks fine, but more pics would help.

4. Looks legit to me...for mids.

5. If you want to be sure, crack open a nug and look near the point at which the bud and stem connect. If mold is present there will be a fuzzy white fibers attached.

From the outside things look alright.

6. Yea bro thats mold. Look at the stem it literally is fuzzy. Mold

7. k I'm gonna go with everybody saying it looks fine. :wave:

8. did you not see the comment right above this one ? lol

9. Stems look fuzzy from all the trichs + flash. It's gotta be higher grade then mids, it was just poorly trimmed/badly cured. That plant definitely had potential to be a nice harvest.

10. He seemed overly sarcastic making his opinion not valid.

11. just cause you read it as sarcastic doesn't mean it was meant that way :confused_2:

12. I've smoked it and had no ill effects so I don't think the weed has mold I think it's just high end mid, I don't care at this point. :bongin:

13. From the picture it does look like it has a bunch of white mold, all those white specs. Could be the light reflecting off the trichs though.

Get a magnifying glass and look at it. Mold is very easy to spot it looks nothing like trichomes. I'd look for little white "puff balls" on that bud.

14. I can't find any actual "balls" of fuzz on it. It's sticky and fluffly to the touch so I guess I'm just not used to getting mids this good. Mold wouldn't be sticky would it?

15. Eeeeh, there are some spots that look kinda suspicious, but they're all slightly out of focus so it's hard to tell. That really focused bit in the front looks fine, though. :p

The fuzz that is on the stems like Dexter12 was talking about is completely normal. Look at some of the close-up pics people post in the Stash Jar and you'll see the same thing. :smoking: