Need quite carbon filter/fan set up

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by KingPandaYumYum, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Hey so I have a smaller grow tent and I'm in need of a quieter fan as I sleep in the same room. The reason I say quieter is because I did get one off amazon for 100 bucks seems good quality it's just way to loud like a 747 taking off. I havnt put any ducting on it yet. How much will that quiet it. I tried muffling the sound but the fan motor alone is too loud. I'm either thinking of getting a more quiet one or just have a sep. timer for the scrubbing system and just run it when I'm gone. But even then my neighbors prolly here that shit. Haha

2. Carbon Filter + Duct Muffler + Fan Controller + Insulated Ducting + Something to contain the fan in = Maximum stealth :cool:.

3. Ya I was thinking of taking some of those steps but honestly if thing was any louder I should of just bought a 747 engine. What I need is a quieter model and then with that one I could silence it.

4. :laughing: That's exactly how I described the sound when I first plugged it in. Thankfully after adding the filter and some ducting about 50% of the noise was gone. *bigsighofrelief*. I'm actually figuring out how to get my setup completely silent, just keep searching bud! :smoking:

5. I'm going to get some ducting, then I think I'm going to put the fan portion in a sleeping bag with the filter outside of it

6. what size tent u use. i got a 30inchx20x60 and i also need advise on a quiet but not to expensive fan. thinking of the diy carbon filters 6" but not sure how good they would work with say a 400 cfm inline fan.

7. i have a pc fan 120mm its pretty loud but when I put the 250 hps light it got hot. temps were from 80-95. I don't think it will be able to cool tent and scrub air thru carbon filter efficiently. What are you temps? Im having issues with humidity. 16% UGGGGGGGG