Need ppl opinion on this picture of white widdow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HyDrOpOnIcS, Aug 11, 2003.

1. what size light are you using ?? it look realy good from here...

2. I am currently using a 400 watt metal halide with shine reflecotr on the cuttings, but i will be changing that over today to a 400 watt sodium. As soon as i think they are ready i will be changing that over to a much stronger bulb, 600 watt sodium, for the 15 plants in the picture there will be 3 600 watt sodiums on them, not as much as i would of liked but hey this is more of a hobby grow other than the others i have on.

Must admit tho since taking them they really have taken well, all the leaves are looking a lovely lushes shiny green, i am planning on topping them in the next couple of days to thicken them out.

The mother has become uncontolable for an indoor plant, to think i was worried about if they were big enough or not, it's hitting the 7ft mark now & has been put into flower, so all going well that should be one hell of a smoke & good yielding mo fo.

Here are the pics of how the babies are doing after 5 days of being potted, i will update them in the next 7 days to show ya how they are doing! ;0).

Attached Files:

3. sorry about the quality of the photos guys, but i have trouble uploading them to this forums because of the max file size, i always find myself reducing the quality to much...lol.

The look so much better than that in the flesh!.

4. HIGH All, yes looking mighty fine HyDrOpOnIcS....I love plants when in the growing stage and your doing excellent.

5. Hey all, just thought i would update you on how things are turning out with my small time hobby grow.

Firstly i ave had a small problem with temperature, reaching in 32Co started to make the plants very unhappy indeed!. I solved this problem by taking making sure the extractor fan which pumps fresh oxygen into the room was on the whole time instead of on a timer, thus lowering the temp and increasing the humidity to 60, as we all know cold air hitting hot air creates humidity.

The plants started to go light in colour & the stems started to go red, showing symptoms of stress, the tips of the leaves also started to curl and claw downwards. So i reduced one of the lights to a 400 from a 600 which also decreased the temp in the room & since then they seem to be getting alot of their shine back and the new leaves are a deep dark green waxy finish again.

Anyways here is the first lot of plants

Attached Files:

6. by the way these babies are only two weeks old now and i think they look just great for the time period, they have only been topped once and im hoping to do it again in the next week, 1 week before flowering, hoping to get a few more mothers off these as they seem really healthy.

Attached Files:

• left.jpg
      left.jpg
      File size:
      58.5 KB
      Views:
  7. lookin good hydro :)

8. wow that's nice, WW is a great smoke too ;)

9. The plants show the most classic signs of too much water, or too great a pH discrepancy, Plus the beginnings of overfert. Tell us more about your cloning and transplant methods. In my experience, very 'young' clones(tiny roots) should be placed in a minimum nutriant medium of neutral pH, fluffy, fast draining, and fast drying. The root will have to reach for the sides and bottom. Until they have a well developed root system, they are too delicate to top. The shock of the injury, (How would you like to be scalped?) without adequate root support could have caused a shutdown of growth while it put all it's feeble resourses into healing the gaping wound, adding girth to it's stem, and redirecting hormones to stimulate the branching sites into making a new kind of cell/structure. While this was all happening, regular watering/feeding could have turned unfriendly, and the slowed uptake could have caused a pH imbalance from the evaporative build up of unused nutes/watersalts. Well, the earth girl is now exhausted, so she will take two tokes, and call it a morning(man-yawna)! {;o

10. The plants are definately not suffering from over watering or fert, from the latest photos i have uploaded they look alot worse than they actualy are, my bad because of the poor quality in picture, i reduced the quality to much :0(.

My Cloning Methods.....

Firstly, using a sterilised scalpel i take a diagonal sliced cutting from either the top of the plant or from one of the branches, which has two good sized fan leaves to sustain the clones life (no root system means it needs these leaves to feed), also with a nice middle shoot ready for new growth of the plant.

As soon as the cut has been taken i then scrape the stem from where it was sliced to encourage new cell structure, then immediately after doing that, i place it in a rooting gel stimulant (clone x) making sure that no embolisms occur.

I take an already prepared 1 inch rockwool cube, which has been treated with liquid oxygen, formulex (which is a half stregnth nutrient stricly for cloning) & corrected ph balance of 5.5. Slightly pushing the clone into the already made hole in the center of the cube, i then place it into a propergator under a 200 watt metal halide system.

Conditions in the propergator are as follows, humidity reaches between 70 & 80, the 1 inch cubes are slightly moist, the dryer side of wet & the heat varies from 24 to 30c.

Within 10 to 14 days the cuts are basicly thro, i then repeat the procedure with 4 inch rockwool cubes and give them an extra week for the root systems to become alot stronger.

Three weeks from taking the clones, they are put into pots of coca peat, watered once every two days while they are young, with about 300 ml of php corrected water which reads 5.6 to 5.8 which is ideal in coca peat as the ph levels can varie between 5.2 to 6.4, as specified by the manufacturers leaflet.Also the nutrient is of about 8 to 10, which i graudally increase as the plants become older

After one week to ten days of being placed under a 400 watt metal halide in the pots i then pinch the center shoot from the center stem of the plant (topping them) which has always worked exactly how it should, the plants never show any signs of stress at this point of the grow as they are actualy well into the grow period, if anything it does them the world of good & me too sprigging out more arms encouraging more growth.

3 and a half weeks in, which is just about npow i intend on taking some more cuttings and topping them once more before they go into flower at 4 weeks in the pots, which will give them a further 3 weeks before the growing stops and they concentrate on flowering.

As i said the pictures are of poor quality and don't show just how great they really look, no problems or quarms with this grow at the minute other than the heat stress which i explained further up this posting.

Damn hot weather and 600 watt sodiums in hot weather..lol ;0)

Anyhow, taking cuts today and starting all over again, for a much bigger grow, after all these were only brought on as a hobby and to bring a much bigger grow to light..lol.

Tinme to go, im shagged out after creating such a novel, there is bud to toke and plants to feed.

TTFN

p.s hope this has fully explained my methods of taking clones, please feel free to offer your methods, always open to a few tips n tricks.

More pics to come ppls, keep looking.

11. Sounds like you've got a regular operation growing out of your hobby.
    It was certainly too much heat which caused the plants to get lighter and lighter. They could not get enough CO2 for photosynthesis to keep up with the plant's needs, artificially created by the light being out of balance with the temp being out of balance with the CO2...the tips/edges generally turn upward, but I am sure I see the classic folding of a leaf along the length of the spine. It's next suffering would be displayed by the under-curling of the tip, into a coil or rams horn shape. The very first sgn of impending over fert is when some of the blades become completely flat and rigid looking. Then the tip begins to droop. Often the very tip has turned so dark brown it is black, while the rest of the leaf has turned really dark green. The drooping continues rapidly, until the blade's undersides are facing. The tip continues to shrivle as it burns,
    and ripple and coil. I couldn't tell, but the damage looks yellow, which is an issue of pH, ordinarily. Was the bigger light a new addition?
    I can only figure that some major set-up change from the usually untroubled grows of the past caused enough shock that they became vulnerable.
    I love using coir, which is the 'dust' leftover from making the fibers for doormats,etc. It's been dried, pressed into disks. It has enough nutrient value as it s-l-o-w-l-y decomposes, my worms sometimes seem to prefer it to their intended meal. It is an ideal germinating and cloneing medium, as long as you don't keep it too moist. You have been watering on a regular schedual with a measured amount of food and water. Between waterings does the coir get dry and fluffy again? I use coir for cloneing, too, as the medium in my airlayers. After I have flowered a plant which really impresses me, I reveg, then produce a fully developed clone, a small bush, from one of the branches, right on the mom. I can only manage about 4 plants at any one growth period, and I try to manage my cloneing stage for the summer, when I can't use my 175W MH. To keep the surviving mom(s) from continuing to bloom, they get the Fluoros, 3 compacts equivilent to 300W for the nights. The airlayering article by Uncle Ben, at the Cann.com E-zine is an excellent guide to the technique. For actual growth, I mix the coir with clay pellets, perlite, and horticultural grade charcoal.
    {8^D= =(^8)Here's to the health and beauty of your fine ladykind.
    The friendly neighborhood earth girl.

12. Hey all,
    Just thought it was about time i updated you all on how things are going, i managed to take 80 clones last week, which i think i probably could of got more but i dont have any more room for that many plants.

These go into flower today on a 12/12, from what the mother did i am expecting these to double in size over the next two weeks of flower, the mother doubled (infact more) when put into flower, first two weeks of flower the plant is still veging.

The clones i took are kicking it & look better than these did when these were taken.

Not sure of the yield with white widdow, i grew a strain last year which i was told white widdow but it wasnt deffinate, so fingers crossed im hoping for atleast 4 oz a plant.

here is the first side of the room & first lot of plants.

Attached Files:

13. Here is the other side of the room with the other half of the plants.

Attached Files:

14. As the plants have become bigger i have had to move some of them into another grow room, which unfortunately at the moment i only have 2 metal haldie systems, but i suppose will have to dip into my pocket and go buy some sodium bulbs which i have always found to be the best for flowering periods.

MH for veg n sodiums for fruiting.

Here ya's go let me know what ya think and how they are coming along, personaly in my opinion they look wonderful, but then again i see them in the flesh.

I will post a pic as soon as i can showing the mother which ended up 7 ft, it's 4 weeks in to the flowering period and the buds are looking pretty well for that stage, adding pk 13/14 in the next few days to give the buds that bit extra umph..lol

here ya go.

Attached Files:

15. WOW!!!! {8^D Good going, 'pOnIcS!!!
    Earth girl wishes you the best from your jungle, finest kind!

16. Jungle is right!!! Holy bageezers man!! about how many plants would you say you have?? and those are all from clones?! Im speechless......_:::drool:::_

Great work! cant wait to see updates!!!

_B_

17. Wow! I wished mine looked that good!!! Good job!

18. Yup every single one is from clones, i took some clones from these, 80 in all and after just 7 days i have 28 thro, personaly speaking i am well impressed. I have found a good home for 30 of them at a freinds house & the rest are going into my major room setup, which i will post in the picture posting section as soon as it's worth it.

Other than that i will carry on posting on this grow to let yall know how things are going on. Will also get a photo done of that mother which has become a real monster and out of control, the day of the triffids is near..lol.

19. Photo of the mother all the clones came from, dont yell n scream at how out of control it has become..lol. At the end of the day i kind of stopped caring for it and feel guilty at the size i let it become...

Sorry about the very poor quality of picture, will try to get a better one done as the buds become alot bigger. For only just over 4 weeks they are doing really well, WW is an 8 week flower from what i have read & with a little extra pk 13/14 it should shape up some nice buds.

Attached Files:

20. damn keep us updated please they look so good