Need outdoor grow info specifically amount of direct sunlight needed??

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Piper Green, Aug 5, 2012.

1. #1 Piper Green, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012
    I have 3 wonderful ladies growing and am concerned that i am not giving them enough direct sunlight....see attached pic..

2. Just get as much sun to them as you possibly can. I hope you get enough sunshine :D

3. Thank you for responding Buzz,
    My problem is to much sun. Last year I grew only 1 (in ground) and netted 3lb of ok quality smoke. I was told by a guru that to much sun can cause the dark red color of my smoke, at times i found a lil harsh but always stoney. this year i have 3 in 15 gal pots FF&HG for soil and nutes,
    I live in Southern Nevada LONG & HOT sun filled vegging days...just seeing flowers this week. I am concerned that the spot doesn't get enough direct sun and ta boot I covered it with lattice....I will try and post the pic again but last attempt failed. I dunno, I could be overreacting since they appear to be healthy. pic probably not be enough for a good reading but it will give you the set-up I have put together.
    well, won't let me upload pic so i apologize....

4. #4 BuzzLightOne, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012

I hear you on the hot sun blasting down on our plants day after day.

[​IMG]

No worries about the pics, just keep trying, you'll get the hang of it. And it could very well be GC. It does not upload sometimes. :rolleyes: Oh, you can't put a pic on a post you've already submitted ;)

I'm sure they'll be ok. Mine have full sun everyday in triple digit temps from June until today.

5. @Pipergreen....I'm glad u asked this question cuz I'm having the same problem. I'm currently growing a purple urkle mother plant and from wen it started as a seed in march up til about 3 weeks ago it looked GREAT...The past couple weeks its been 100+ degrees every fucking day and now my plant is looking bare, empty, sum leaves burnt, and alot of the leaves are yellowing. I'm using a 10 gal bucket (outdoor of course), fox farm soil, lots of pearlite, and its about 2 ft tall right now. Should I keep it out of direct sunlight? or maybe a lil sun and then a lil shade...It just looks like the sun is burning the fuck outta my plant. I wish I could post pics...