need organic help please......

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Bosboy, Jan 25, 2012.

1. whats up gc, i have a few quick ?first. ive grown tired of the synthetic nutes and made the big switch.unfortunately all of th amend .that i need are either not around or to high in cost to get shiped.so all im able to get my hands on( has in hand )are a recycled soil mix i used once which contains, peat,baged organic potting soil from lowes[jungle growth], pellitized dolimite lime,blood meal,bone meal,organic all purpose 5-5-5 plant food.for my up and coming grow could i use this at like 1part mix1 part composted cow manure,as my soil mix ,and use the composted manure,mollasas,5-1-1 fish fert,blood meal,as tea for ferts will this get me threw the flowering or scrap it.the whole idea that is!

2. Read here.

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/336320-organic-soil-mix-mine.html

Then start reading the stickys. You're better off having an idea as to how and why soil mixes work before you waste a whole grow cycle.

I'm not saying your items wont "work", but dont you want your garden to perform well?

Its worth taking the time to read others success and failure stories here, and even more importantly, figuring out WHY they either succeeded or failed.

Good luck man.

jerry.

3. Like Jerry said read,read,read.

You can have a successful organic grow using as little as , kelp meal, alfalfa meal, and my go to fertilzer Espoma plant tone, also good Earth Worm Castings (this is a must).

My first organic "water only" grow I used only the 4 products listed, that's all I could afford. The soil was 1 bag of advanced sunshine #4, 1 bag advanced sunshine rainforest blend, and roughly 20% added worm castings, all free. I also used 1 tablespoon unsulpherd black strap molasses and 1 tablespoon fish emulsion per 5 gallons water.
    I was very pleased and surprised with the outcome. I will never use poisonous chemical nutes again.

So I'm just sharing this with you to show you that it don't take ALLL the ingredients and knowledge that are in some of the soil mixes around here to to get growing quality organic meds. Use what you have on hand rt now and source all you can local. You can read and learn as you go.

Also you can do what most people here would NOT recommend and that's buy a potting soil like fox farms ocean floor or Dr Earth if you can find it, top dress before flower with the Espoma plant tone (available anywhere) add water and light and its all you need. I only recommend this because imo, its better then bottles, and like I said it will get you growing in the right direction. Also it would be much cheaper than sourcing all of the ingredients you would need for what most, including myself would consider a quality soil mix. It's taken me 6 months to get half the ingredients I want.

The transition is not gonna be overnight but in the end its well,well worth it.

Good luck, BeZ...V

4. I was very pleased and surprised with the outcome. I will never use poisonous chemical nutes again.

The transition is not gonna be overnight but in the end its well,well worth it.

Bosboy - these are words to live and garden by.

jerry.

5. BeV gets a rep thingy. It seems like months ago it was BeV asking the questions, now he's handing out sound advice, good job......MIW

6. #6 WeeDroid, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012
    I think this is a great thread to read as well. Lots of different formulas in there.

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/951816-what-soil-recipes-do-you-guys-use.html

I'm sort of transitioning myself from my methods/materials I used before I came to GC. Which ever elements I have that won't harm the soil microorganisms, gets used even if I am phasing it out. It helps that I was already on sort of an organic path already though. ;)

7. Thanks guys.
    I've received so much help and usefull info, the least I could do is attempt to give some back.

BeZ...V