Need opinions on bong.

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Thomas O'Malley, Mar 25, 2014.

1. This is my first decent attempt at a long term bong.

I still haven't finished it, still need to make everything permanent, going to use an epoxy to seal it all up. Can't decide whether to epoxy the down stem into the bottle or not, as I made the hole in the bottle a little too big for the copper pipe I used.

4-arm tree percolator up top and a diffused down stem below.

Anyone have some advice or tips before I seal it up? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395726639.662349.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395726707.184162.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395726809.309991.jpg

2. Dude that looks fucking sick!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. i hope you have a separate bowl piece like a slide. smoking out of copper is a big no-no, heating it up can create deadly vapors. your best bets for metal are aluminum, or brass (however the toxicity of brass is open for debate) otherwise i love it, and i would use fish tank silicone to bond the two pieces of glass. you can get it at pet stores and it forms a wonderful seal. a grommet should be used for the down stem.  

4. Where would one get such a grommet?

lowes, home depot, menards. they will be in the plumbing section 

6. Looks dope as hell. When you finish, tell us how it is.

7. Theres lots of controversy about using certain things like copper for bongs lol.  Just to stay on the safe side, buy an actual glass bowl

8. THAT IS SICK AS FUCK HOLY SHIT

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum