Need opinions help please

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by hempmegrow, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Hello I'm a beginner grower and I am looking for small help I have a two plants set up straight from root, its under a t5 8 bulb set up in a 4x4x8 tent. My two questions I have is how often should you be feeding and how can you tell when to feed? Also is it dumb to start with t5 for veg and flower just so I can have an understanding? I will post pics and you let me know what I should improve. I'm [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] home and gardens by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. If you are growing in coco you should feed everytime. Never give plain water. I start my plants for the first 3-4 weeks under an 8 bulb 4' t5 fixture. If you plan on using it for your entire grow, I suggest LST or Scrog or both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I'm being taught and he told me I should feed when top is completely dry so what you're telling me I should be feeling every day ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. You can grow anyway you like - I'm not telling you to do anything. I was merely stating that you shouldn't use plain water when growing in coco. I feed everyday from sprout and twice a day in flower. Coco is hydroponics, and like all hydroponics it should never dry out like soil. But if you feel you'll get better results letting the pots dry out - good luck. These plants just turned 14 days old yesterday and they have been fed everyday.
    2 weeks C 99.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I feed to runoff every day.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6. Yes feed daily coco will dry out daily I always grow with coco because all the water runs out and it dries straight away and you can never over water coco really because it will all run out the bottom into the tent.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Nutes every day in Coco.

Coco is inert. It has absolutely no nutritional value like soil does. Plain water starves the plants in Coco, so every watering in Coco is a feeding.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

9. Not only does it do that - it also messes up the Cation Exchange Capacity.