Need Lighting Help Plz

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by abnormldood, Jan 13, 2009.

1. #1 abnormldood, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2009
    So I finally picked out the strains I wanted and ordered them from Seedboutique.com.. I picked out Afghanica(Afghani mystery strain) from Flying Dutchmen, Chrystal(Northern lights x widow) from Nirvana, and Papaya(Believe it's a KC Brains' Mango cross) from Nirvana. Now I need help in ordering the correct lighting to get it started. I am not growing indoors, these are going outdoors after 2-3 weeks of veg, I found what looks to be a pretty powerful fluorescent fixture for cheap, not sure if it would work well though. I realize I need to get all 6500k spectrum fluoros in it, but is this enough lumens to raise 20 seedlings through at least the crucial part of their growth? http://www.1000bulbs.com/High-Bay-Fluorescent-Power-Bay-Fixtures/31108/

2. I would just get a single 1000 watt MH light. Since you are gonna have 20 plants growing indoors for 2-3 weeks, you will get some really impressive growth before they are transplanted outdoors.

If you use flouros, once the plants get around 8-10 inches tall, the bottom leaves will yellow & die simply because there isn't enough lumens to penetrate the top canopy.

Nowadays you can get a 1000 watt MH set up for $125.00.