Need light recommendation for a 3x3x6 tent.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rickster74, Oct 4, 2019.

1. I am readying myself for a first attempt at growing. I am totally confused by the selection of LED lights. I see folks recommending Samsung boards and a separate controller. I am comfortable working with electronic projects, but I have no idea what I need to order. I am planning two plants in this tent and would like to stick with LED and using the same light for veg and flower if possible.

Links to other threads would be great or direct links to products that you recommend would be great since I am totally in the dark at this point (pun intended)

Thanks all!

2. Whats your budget like?

3. I already spent a good bit, but I can probably put $300 or so into the light. If I need to spend more, I might be able to put a bit more into it. My goal in growing is to ultimately save money, so I don't want to spend a fortune. Then again, I don't want to buy something that needs replacing right away. My grow will likely never be more than two plants and probably two grows per year if I get decent yield.

4. I appreciate the link, but that looks incomplete. I have read about controllers and modules, but I really am a complete novice here. What is the entirety of what I need to order? Or is that item from alibaba the whole thing? Do I want 3000k or 4000k?

5. It will come as a kit. Connect 2 wires, hangers and mount driver somewhere. Very easy. I am using 3500k with 660nm reds.

6. Thank you. So that will be everything I need for lighting? Does the lighting stay the same for both veg and flower? I know the light dark cycle will change, but the light stays the same? Are the alibaba lights genuine Samsung?