Need input!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by fisher45, Jan 29, 2013.

1. ForumRunner_20130128_224138.png

ForumRunner_20130128_224354.png

ForumRunner_20130128_224500.png
    These are some pics of my first time growing indoor. I'm using flourescent lights so the plant started to grow to little akwardly but it seems to be okay. I just need some input I don't care if its criticism or not. It's only a month into 12/12 but it started to flower way before that. Does anyone have any tips or ideas?

2. Maybe include some more info on your grow to help out... as much as you can think to say, what type of flouros,how far they are from the tops, temps, soil im assuming, any nute types, anything you have added, bought used, done?

3. Im not sure what kind of floros but they are pretty far away. I haven't added any thing to them. At first. I used some miracle grow but now I switched to some pitting soil. I try and keep it at a 75 degree temp. Any tips or suggestions.

4. If you can, get those lights closer... miracle gro isnt the best to be usin but it will work and they do seem to like it... they look pretty good but they have some stretch cause of the light distance... the closer the better... if they are t8 or t12 you really gotta get them close.. i would try to invest in some better lightin to supplement your flouros, some cfls are pretty cheap... not sure what you mean by u were usin MG but switched to potting soil... maybe some better pics? A little closer, 3 pics per plant is how i like to do it for troubleshooting, bottom 3rd in a pic, middle 3rd in a pic, top 3rd in a pic.. it helps to see the leaves and her current state of happiness... its a suggestion, tho a pain for some it helps

5. Okay thanks so much for the advice. What I meant by that is I was using miracle grow for a while but just recently I began to use some potting soil from ace. A couple people have told me to get the lighting closer so I'm gonna try and do that. And get some cfls

6. But I'm gonna try and put some more pics up later on. How much do u think I will get off here and do u think it will be some good bud? I kno its kinda hard to tell cuz its still early.

7. Fluorescent lights want to be kept about 2-3 inches away depending on the heat factor. Cfl lights anywhere between 3-5 inches away. Try to get 100 watts of cfls 2700k since your in flowering. Not the equivalent but actual wattage. Most will come in about 23 watts 18 watts 13 watts or 42 watts. Get at least 5 23 watt cfls or 3 42 watt cfls for 1 plant and an additional 50 watts per extra plant.

;) hope it helped somewhat

8. Thanks aonp that helped out a lot. If u have any other advice please let me kno.

9. Ya thanx Aonp.. let him know if you have any other advice...

10. Thank u to hyper cardiac. dovu happen to know about plant training? Im trying this method I havent done before and im not sure if its going to work. Ill try and post some pictures.

11. Ya looks like she could use a little more light
    But other than that, as long as she is a nice shade of green and growing upwards, she should be healthy

As far as plant training, my knowledge on the subject doesnt extend very far. Ive always thought you could only really start training the plant to grow in the direction you want it to early in its life, but you could probably get away with it during flower. Just makes more sense to me when its smaller and easier to work with. Training is just a way to help guide branches and help open up the canopy so light gets to the lower branches

12. you said it had started flowering before you changed to 12/12? if that's the case it's an auto flowerer. if this is the case it will do better with about 18-20 hours of light per day. more light more growth

13. it's a bit late for this one but next time look in to ScrOG growing as this system is perfect for florescent lights. it's enables you to completely fill the canopy and keep it very close to your lamps

14. ForumRunner_20130202_140815.png

ForumRunner_20130202_141013.png

ForumRunner_20130202_140920.png

ForumRunner_20130202_141054.png
    I was wondering if I tie those branches down like I have them will they make the plant bush and grow another branch right at the main stock? Also I fimmed the plant when it was young and the other day I tried to fim all the other branches it has sprouted. Will it now put out even more branches? If anyone has any advice let me kno. Also the two pics of the flowering plant the hairs are starting to turn brown which means it getting closer to getting done right? But some of the buds under it arent as done so should I cut some fan leaves off?

Attached Files:

15. Tying branches down in my opinion allows lower growth to catch up, in which the plant will make colas on as an effort to reproduce... you are also allowing light into the lower areas of the plant gettin better flower production down low... now, i know theres more to lst but i dont all about it.. i do like topping, fim is essentially the same with the possibility of more than 2 growth.. i had a 3 top when i fimmed last, the hairs turning does mean your close, but trichs are your ultimate decision maker, and top buds do usually finish a tad sooner and you can chop them allowing the rest to finish, just dont chop early.. if you top the new shoots from toppin or fimming yes each one will grow 2 more... some guys veg for months just so they can keep topping...

16. If your that far into flower IMO you should let it run the course and take what you get and apply what you learned on the next plant

Sent from iPhone 5

17. Thank you guys so much. Im in the process of bringing the lights closer so maybe that will help too.

18. don't cut anything off, at this stage it's not going to grow any more branches. just let the buds fatten up. you can arrange the plant around the bulb by tieing here and there but anything cut off now is not going to be replaced

19. Okay thanks. How do u think the bud looks?

20. ForumRunner_20130215_185317.png

ForumRunner_20130215_185402.png

Just cut the top 2 buds! Tell me wat u think.