Need input, my first True Aeroponic (high pressure)

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by georgecostanza, Jan 10, 2012.

1. I'm planning on starting a high pressure aeroponic setup. How's this sounding?

I have an aeroponic timer for 1-5 second bursts of high pressure water every 3-5 minutes. I'm looking at using a 100 psi pump behind a solenoid valve that runs to an impingement fog nozzle. I could use a recommendation for a good pump or supplier of nozzles. I plan on having a large 2" diameter tube before my valve to supply high pressure bursts without cycling my pump too often.

My current plan:
    -barnys farm lsd clones
    -AN sensi grow 200 ppm first to 400 through veg
    -2 sec on 4 min off
    -400 MH for veg
    -12" vertical pvc tube with 3" neoprene collars in center of top for whole life, im planning true aero from clone not even rockwool,
    sprayers down the 4 feet or so, possible on opposing sides
    -scroging possible
    -im using impingment nozzles to prevent clogs but nobody uses them i seen people using centrifugal misters that clog easy but i want to use this breakthrough shit, they still create <50 micron droplets Fog Nozzles - Misting Nozzles - PJ Nozzles - Impingement Nozzles

Will this work please only true aero growers no fake-aero dwc hybrid bull.
    Only need to buy the pump and i can go.

2. What kind of pressure are you true aero growers using?

I think i just decided on my pressure switch, im going to cycle my pump on and off between 80 and 100 psi. im planning on putting a pressure gauge beside my pump to track the pressure to make sure my pressure switch is always operating.
    also im using the sentinel drt-1 timer for my solenoid valve

3. Attached Files:

4. I forgot the important check valve right after the pump, before the gauge and pressure switch, this will hold the system under pressure during the off cycle without straining the valves on the pump, also im thinking about putting in a pretty fine in-line screen between my res and pump

5. To stop the pump cycling on and off too often you should get an accumulator tank,.you'll also need a pressure relief valve incase pressure switch fails plus a pressure regulator, if you do a search for the high pressure aeroponic s on y'tube theres a brilliant system Aby mikey101 , may help with your setup nd how it should be layed out. Accumlator tank needs to be T'd off from main line, with pressure relief valve after tank and then pressure regulator valve after that, before your solenoid valve you may also need a something to stop the hammering affect that the high pressure can create when solenoid valves are turned on and off, a piece of high pressure pipe with a super on one end should do it, connected to line with t piece again before the solenoid valve. Hope this helps.

6. #6 dubshepp, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    Hey if you guys have any questions on true Aeroponics come check out my channel on Youtube. I have some very informational videos dropping shortly to help future Aero growers go over some basic needs and how I go through my grow.

Currently my 14site Aero system uses a 2000gph pond pump..With 28 180degree misters and 2 1000w MH lights....For the basics...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlwecYy2P7k[/ame]

7. #7 nebulaponic, May 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
  8. how do you know its quality? there isnt a plant or a single root in sight.
    Your advertising campaign doesnt seem to be working too well. maybe you should call it a day.

9. I thought a high pressure AERO setup consisted of placing the chamber where the roots lie under high pressure, not spraying a high pressure stream of water onto them I feel this is just going to ruin your roots and negate your crop..I could be wrong though please correct me if I am. The point of a high pressure setup is to create an area of high pressure (root chamber)/low pressure(area above root chamber) to help push the nutrients up through the roots of the plant faster.

10. High pressure is one way to get the correct droplet size range needed but its not the only option. The droplet range is one consideration, control is the other prerequisit for true aero. Without tight control its very easy to overmist, drench the roots and get hydro results.

11. [quote name='"monopolyman"']I thought a high pressure AERO setup consisted of placing the chamber where the roots lie under high pressure, not spraying a high pressure stream of water onto them I feel this is just going to ruin your roots and negate your crop..I could be wrong though please correct me if I am. The point of a high pressure setup is to create an area of high pressure (root chamber)/low pressure(area above root chamber) to help push the nutrients up through the roots of the plant faster.[/quote]

Im sorry bro but your way off. That wouldnt even be possible. A high pressure root chamber would blow the plant up out of it. There is also no way to put a gasket of any kind around the stem that would hold any positive pressure and still allow the stem to grow/expand.

It just isnt possible.

12. We are getting nice fuzzy roots with Teffen nozzles at 80-100 PSI using a Shurflo pump and accumulator.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mW5hD3h8WU]Aeroponic System by Indoor Harvest Day 3 update - YouTube[/ame]