need info ...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by northeast, Jul 9, 2007.

1. my plant has been growing for almost 3 solid months now and it seems to be doing well but it doesnt have alot of hight its only 24 inchs high but its 24 inchs around it looks more like a bush than it does a canibis plant . its got a ton of nodes and sub branchs the stem is as fat as my thumb . the only thing I have been doing is triming off some of the real big fan leaves as they shade the under growth . I have been ferting it once every other week . it gets direct sun all day long from 620am till 7pm I have it in a plastic 8gallon pot filled with a mix of M.G potting soil , organic potting soil ,peet moss & manure mix does this seem normal ? and when will it show me wheather its male of female I will try to get pics up soon thanks
    N.E

2. Sounds good to me, in fact a bushy plant is probably better IMO. More bud sites exposed to the sun and more yield then a tall lanky plant. It could just be the strain that grows slow and bushy. But what you described sounds alright to me. In terms of sexing it, you probably have another month of veg left.

3. Thanks . its just that I see all these pictures of these real tall plants and wonder why mine is so short . its been bearing 9 prong leafs for a while and the sub leaves are 7's. there are alot of bud sights providing it is female ( keeping fingers crossed ) this is my first serious grow I have been learning alot with it and will do a big outside grow next year armed with the info gained from this one

4. Have you been tieing it down or topping it?

5. neither . just the big fan leaves as they get too big ( blocking sun to undergrowth ) I trim them off

6. i think fan leaves are big energy factories for the plant- probably better to let sun in by tying down....gluck:D

7. I got advice from a well known grower here on this site to trim off the real big fan leaves when they start blocking sun to the under growth and nodes and so far its been working just fine . we have had some real rainey wheather here but yesterday when the sun came out the plant added almost 3 inchs in one day and over 2 inchs today

8. The advice you got is wrong, as i already posted in another post you made. Pruneing of the plant isnt going to increase anything during veg, as the plant uses all it has to increase growth of every part. A week or two into flowering it would be wise to do what you are doing to allow sun directly on the braches/budsites (whatever you want to call them) but doing it now isnt going to do any good, your best bed would be pushing them behind the braches as suggested above.