Need info on LED heat creation

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Natronix11, Jan 21, 2019.

1. How much heat does 2 led's create i want to put them in a tent with a water cooled hid i know its slightly over saturated wince the HID will technically give it light like its outdoors in the sun. how much heat will it creat also i do have a cooling fan hooked up for outdoors

2. How much heat depends on the leds. Do you a cooking fan hooked up for outdoors..idk. U will need an exhaust fan and flex ducting for ur air cooled hood. Then u will want an exhaust fan hooked to carbon filter pulling air from tent to outside. U do not need an intake fan. Use vent or lower duct port and flex ducting strategically placed to draw in cool air. Let the exhaust fan pull air in

3. You can get a ballpark answer by assuming that all the electrical power the LED uses becomes heat power.
    This is true for anything that uses electricity, except for the small amount of light energy that becomes chemical energy.
    For example, a 500 watt LED will be roughly equivalent to a 500 watt space heater, minus the small amount of light power that helps produce plant mass.
    LEDs are about 50% efficient, so half the electrical power becomes light power, then all of that converts to heat, along with the other 50%, and a bit of chemical energy when it hits the plants.

Even those small 20 watt fans behave as 20 watt space heaters.

4. i use air from out doors to cool and pull air through a filter indoors to get rid of odor

5. i am using a 1200w led maybe thinking to ad 2 of them anyone know about over light saturation i am using a co2 generator as well had issues shipping tanks in

6. My 600 watt HPS air cooled runs between 75-83 degrees. If I turn either my 1200 watt or 1000 watt Chinese blurple LED on, my temps rise above 90 degrees. Both on, pushes 100.....

Have a new fan on the way.

7. So about 10 deg jump up in his current temp for every 500w of led added?