Need info on adderall?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by kingoftroy99, Dec 6, 2008.

1. So finals are coming up, and I really need to get studying. The thing is that I can't study at all, I study for 15 minutes, then watch t.v. or go on the computer. I heard that adderall helps you with that.
    How does adderall make you feel?
    Does it really help you?
    Side effects?
    safe?

thanks guys.

2. I always use Erowid to research drugs.

If you decide against taking adderall and have trouble studying, try going to the library without your computer and work in a distraction free environment.

3. I'm going to answer your question because I take Adderall every day and have for the last ten years (maybe a little less, but I think that's right)

Adderall makes you feel clear, focused, and almost powerful. You're determined and know that you can get what you need to get done, done. You'll lose your appetite, and probably get more irritable. I chew on the inside of my lip constantly, or grind my teeth. However, you can put anything in front of me and I'll be able to get it done no problem.

Adderall makes you be more focused. It's a stimulant.

I can tell you that Adderall helped me with school work more than anything else I have ever taken. EVER. My dormmate in college would take my Adderall too when she had long papers to write, or studying to do, and she was always amazed at how easily she got it done.

Some side effects, well there are a lot, so I am only going to write the ones that I've experienced at some point over my Adderall taking history. Insomnia, headache, stomach ache, loss of appetitite, dry mouth, increased thirst = peeing a lot, irritability, mood swings, (on to the good ones) increased ability to focus, able to pay attention, increased energy without being 'hyper', pretty much an amazing feeling.

Personally, if you take it you'll probably be fine. People are very commonly prescribed Adderall. However, I would not start out with 30mgs, I would simply start out with half and see how it effects you, then you can tell how much to increase your dosage from there, if you want to continue. Don't drink caffeine when you've taken it, that's dangerous and you could end up in the hospital. Also, it's important that you eat before you take it since more than likely you are going to completely loss your appetite after you've taken it until it wears off (for me it's about three hours, for some it's only four and for others it can be up to twelve), there is nothing worse than coming down from Adderall and being exhausted because you haven't had a single thing to eat.

4. advice fixed --for honesty

5. Thanks You!
    +rep

6. What a dumb thing to say. There are people that benefit greatly and need Adderall to lead a normal life. But even then to compare it to meth is a bit far fetched. Adderrall, while a stimulant, is controlled and far more focused.

7. It affects your heart the same.

8. Boundless limitless amounts of concentration and energy!

Its an amphetamine so im going to say chronic use and large doses will screw you over in the long run.

The only side effects I got were some stomach pains after coming down from it.

9. Yeah dude take it from someone(or don't since no one ever does lol) who's been down that road. Stick to coffee or something.

10. advice fixed --for honesty

11. Ohh, burnnnn

12. wow that wasnt ignorant:rolleyes: ...... look im not looking to start shit but keep in mind a Ph.D prescribed this to them , and as long as you do exactly what your doc says and have very good communication with him it doesnt make it "meth".....

hey whiskey, ima send you a pm... i recently started taking adderall and have a few q's

13. #15 Cameron8679, Dec 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2008
    You can't be serious. I can tell you from personal experience that you simply cannot equate methamphetamine with Adderall. Both my mind and body will prove this to you with a little story regarding amphetamine tolerance:

I've been abusing hexahydro-methamphetamine (which is simply a methamphetamine molecule with a cyclohexyl group instead of a phenyl group) weekly/regularly for a little over 3 months now. I'd used Adderall before my usage of HH-Meth, and enjoyed it immensely. The last time I've used Adderall before tonight was July, about 2 months before my addiction to hexahydro-meth began.

So tonight I had been notified that my friend had 20mg Adderall XR capsules, and that some would be available to me. I purchased 5 capsules, or 100mg from him. I immediately took 3 capsules, or 60mg thinking that this would be plenty. 45 minutes later and on an empty stomach, I barely feel anything. Two more hours pass, and I feel as if I'd taken maybe what 20 or 25 milligrams would have me feeling before my addiction. At this point, I crush up another 40mg of the beads into powder, and recap the powder and eat it, essentially making 40mg of instant release adderall. About forty minutes passes and although at this point I feel like I'd taken about what 30-something milligrams would have me at before, the level of what I'm feeling is no where near where it was before my addiction set in and tolerance began forming. I mean Jesus, 100mg of Adderall? That would have had my heart exploding and my brain cowering in paranoid fear just 6 months ago! All it took for extreme tolerance to form was a couple months of regularly using a stronger amphetamine.

So, before my tolerance formed 40-60mg was plenty for me, and would result in extremely intense euphoria and physical speediness. Throw in the factor of long-term amphetamine tolerance and what do you get? What used to be WAY too much for me, 100mg, is now barely even a recreational dose. I took the XR 6 hours ago and the IR 4 hours ago, and all I feel is that I would have a little difficulty falling asleep. Hell, I could even eat a little food right now, something that's utterly impossible for me on meth until at least 12-15 hours have passed since I dosed. Even on all this Adderall, my heart rate hasn't even risen above 80-90 BPM!!

Bottom line: Methamphetamine and Adderall (Levo/Dextroamphetamine) are nowhere near the same thing. Though they're both amphetamines and both share the same type of effects, the strength of methamphetamine when compared to Adderall is an extreme difference.

Edit: To clarify that I'm not experiencing the effects of short-term tolerance, my last usage of meth was about 4-5 days ago. If I was on my regular dosage of meth, I'd be speeding pretty good right now. Damned tolerance!

14. LMFAO thats awesome

15. can i have some evidence to back this up?

as a matter of fact, when i was at the gym doing cardio today The Fox News Chanel had a whole thing how as long as you have a healthy heart and brain, there are no negative effects.

Brain-Boosting Drugs OK For Healthy People, Experts Say

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,463327,00.html

and back to that post:
    haha this is going to sound odd but hey its an example that fits:

dont beating-off and sex have the same affects on your male anatomy? but may i add, they are TOTALLY DIFFERENT

16. I just saw this and actually can't believe that you posted this. Adderall is an actual prescription drug that was prescribed to me while I was still in high school and a minor. It's for an actual medical condition.

17. Your ignorance really shines through in this post and just goes to show that you haven't ever been down the road that people in this read are on or considering going on.

18. ^^^ i think he's referring to people who are simply abusing it, or using, without a prescription.