Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need Info and help writing a letter

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ridegrunner, Feb 8, 2009.

1. I emailed my State Rep about PA's current laws on marijuana and our need for a medical exemption for it. The letter i received back in the mail from him was better than I expected, or usually get. He sounds as though he doesn't oppose the idea. He almost wants to be confronted with info so that he has some guns behind him, so to speak. I was really surprised and excited by the letter.

So that brings me here, to ask of you all a favor. I need links to REALLY solid pro-cannabis medical studies. Social impact studies from Holland also may prove useful. Last, and maybe most importantly, I need, if possible some information about the numbers of Pennsylvanians that would back medical marijuana, or something to that effect. Anything that may help him to help us get something started in our State Legislature. Please Grasscity, help us in PA get Medical Marijuana!!!!

2. That's great that you got such a positive response. I used to live in SE Pennsylvania. I know the mj laws are pretty tough in PA right now. Which rep did you send the letter to? I will definitely keep my eyes out from anything you can use. I read recently that NJ is talking about it, so that might help things a little too if they do it. Good luck

3. have you checked this one out yet?
    http://www.pa4mmj.org/

4. Check out Storm Crow's HUGE list of links - they should be stickied at the top of the forum.

5. OK, yes I did get the 76% in favor link, and sent him an email already with 4 good links. I got a response already, and it pisses me off.

The letter, without reading into it, sounded really good from Matt Baker, but the email, complete shit. Here is the response and I quote:

"Thanks. Very little support in my district. I am opposed for many reasons. "

Wtf is that? I'll post the letter up later tonite maybe. I'll get it up here. Sounded great at first, then the email. I hate politicians. He has no idea how much support for pot is in this district. Now I'm pissed again. PA has no hope, I swear.