Need ideas for growing methods.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chronnik, Mar 15, 2012.

1. I am a newbie to this, but i have a good understanding of how plants work in general. My main question is what is the best steps or techniques used to make good quality with high quantity?

To get an idea of what i am personally have in mind for getting as much as possible is, to fim my plants, let them grow as tall as possible (indica, about 1 1/2 ft.). Flower early due to how big they get (sativa about 1ft.- 1 1/2ft).

The second step i would take is to Prune for Profit. basically cut a lot of the bottom growth off to make for bigger top colas.

My second question arises here, since im pruning to push more power anyways, is fim'ing really worth it? Will the difference in # of colas cause less potency/quantity?

Third, i would like to know what size to flower at, so i am not making rough estimates of what i have heard.

Also, if anyone has a good place to look up nutrient tables for individual strains. Idk if it really matters, but i do know that the more controls you take the better off you are.

Any help is useful thanks, toke on GC

2. cleaning the bottom branches out is called the "lollipop" method ... dont ask me why its called that

I do it, most people do it. Ones that grow large plants anyway.

The way I do it is this.

Veg the plant for 6 weeks under a 600w MH
    Top is the entire time, making as many as possible
    Once it reaches desired tops, I throw it under my screen (SCROG)
    By throwing it under the screen, then putting it into flower, it will already be under it so tucking and weaving wont be an issue.

About 3-4 weeks into flower, is when I lollipop. Anything that isnt above the screen after its done with its growth spurt, gets chopped.

I highly suggest a SCROG is you want to go with the route youve explained

As for how tall should u wait ... its completely up to you ... if you dont go with the scrog technique, just know your plant will double, and can triple its size when flipped to 12/12

3. MaineChronic said it -use a scrog.

I'm planning on using one after I've got a grow or two under my belt...they look fucking awesome.

4. here is an example of one of my screens
    It's extremely easy, and effective for greater yields

[​IMG]