Need Homemade Vape Ideas (not lightbulb)

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by RasIsTokin, Apr 11, 2012.

1. I want to make a homemade vape. i love making and smoking homemade pieces, and ive always wanted to vape so i figured id try to make one. ive looked all over the internet and couldnt find shit but the lightbuld method, and i really want something that will last me and wont make me feel like im smoking crack lol
    so, if anyone has any ideas of how to create a badass vape, let me know

2. Well if lightbulb is out of the question, you have two options, nicrome wire or a ceramic soldering iron (must be ceramic, hakko 934 is the best). By taking the tip and retainer off you can expose the ceramic core and make a makeshift vaporizer by putting it in a glass downstem and make a seal between that and the bowl on a bong, but its finicky.

The other option is to buy a spool of nicrome wire, a capacitant potentiometer and a breadboard power supply. You'll also need a temperature gauge and a glass tube with a screen on the bottom. Wrap the wire tightly around the part of the tube above the screen, and run a current through it. Use the gauge to figure out which voltage gets the nichrome to heat to 350 - 400 celcius and your done.

All in all though, the vapor you will get from either method will be sparse and will probobly dissatisfy you with vaping in general. I'd recommend saving up and buying a dedicated unit, TRUST ME as someone who tried to DIY numerous times, it just doesn't hold a candle to a well designed and manufactured vaporizer.

3. yeah, ill probably wind up just buying one. thanks :smoke:

4. screw it....just smoke crack out of the lightbulb

5. dude check out my blog. i made a discreet portable one, im sure youll like it and it cost under 10 bucks, check it out the get back to me if you have any further questions

6. Yep.

Probably a better idea.

Though, if you're still considering making one - look up "heat gun vapouriser" online, some people have made what look to be some AWESOME vapes using those as their heating source.

7. [quote name='"davidtokehead"']dude check out my blog. i made a discreet portable one, im sure youll like it and it cost under 10 bucks, check it out the get back to me if you have any further questions[/quote]

What's your blog URL?