Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need Help

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Zaccar, Dec 20, 2012.

1. So here's the story, I'm an 18 year old senior living with my parents trying to make it through my last year of HS. On November 1st I got caught smoking by my parents. I've been smoking for about a year now so I'm not new but not experienced. I've been clean for about 2 months. My mom said she was going to start drug testing as of December 1st but is yet to do so.

I enjoy smoking a couple times a week but in reality it isn't a every day thing for me. Obviously I can live without but I'm still very interested in toking.

So my question is should I continue to smoke? Should I wait a couple months to see how my parents act or just start up again. Any replies are much appreciated.

2. Do you currently have the ability to move out on your own?

If the answer is "no" then you should quit smoking until you do, or else try your best to get your parents on your side about it. :p

3. If I was a parent I wouldn't want my high school kid smoking. It's your parents house and their rules. Respect them and don't smoke. A few months isn't really that big of a deal and you avoid any issues with them.

4. If you truly are 18, and you're being drug tested that's kind of bullshit seeing as you're an adult by our governments standards and should be capable of making your own decisions. Buy your own drug tests, take a break and stash some of your own clean piss away just incase you want to smoke after they start testing you? Or get a friend to help you? Otherwise you'll have to move out or quit..
    I know it sucks shit dude, but it's okay you got your life ahead of you.. if you do have to take a couple years break, just make up for it when you move out on your own.

5. if i was a parent i would know whether i could trust my kid to be responsible and if so, then what is the problem with letting them make the decision to smoke?

OP: don't smoke inside at all ideally, and if you do, use a sploof and make certain they will not be smelling it or otherwise affected by it. basically, be courteous and try to respect your parents views within reason. you are 18, you are an adult, you should be making your own decisions.

6. Do you not have parents? :p

Doesn't matter if you're 18 or not. If you live in their house, you gotta follow their rules or GTFO.

7. Respect the people that gave you life, raised you, fed you, and are currently putting a roof over your head. When you're all growed up and living on your own you live your life the way you want. When you're living on someone else's dime, you toe their line. You're 18, you can do whatever the fuck you want, but do you have somewhere to go when your parents kick your ungrateful ass out the door?

8. This.

9. Couldnt have said it any better my self glass clown.

Respect your parents rules and do as you wish in the summer when you move out of the house and into a college HOUSE NOT DORM. lol