Need help with ventilation

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by C moe, Jul 31, 2016.

1. I need some help GC..I'm a brand new to growing..I've been doing a buuuunch of reading n research..I'm still reading n researching n been progressively learning..but I'm confused on my ventilation..I'm currently using a 36x37x73 mylar tent, with a 4' centrifugal air intake fan as my exhaust n carbon filter..I currently have 2 small lil USB desk fans circulating air n my exhaust pulling air out the tent..I'm using a 300w led light using dwc bubbleponics..my humidity inside the tent is around 40% -45% n my temp is around 90°F..my tent is in the garage n the temps get pretty hot here..I wanted to know how,to cool the tent n bring up the humidity for germinating..please any help will do!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. A good strong inline fan exhausting should be plenty for air exchange. An intake fan isn't really necessary if your exhaust is strong enough(and little circulation fans are nice too :) ). Temps in the tent are going to be relative to the ambient temps in the garage...so if the garage air is like 90+ degrees you might need to look into an AC or running the lights at night.

I wouldn't worry too much about humidity unless it gets too high later in flower. I don't have issues popping seeds in low humidity as long as I keep em watered properly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thanks Bongsauce..that helped a bunch...I actually do have a inline fan as my exhaust..I went got a tower fan n put it inside also a cool mist humidifier...I tried it out yesterday n it acutally brought the temp down to like 79°-82% n the rh also went up to like 65 -69%..as I'm still waiting on my seeds I've been practicing n preparing my tent for when I receive them..do you recommend germinating in a germination station or the paper towel method?

4. Oh and I'm also thinking about putting portable ac in the tent or in the garage with a thermostat..which do you think is better??

5. It's probably better to put it outside the tent if the garage is small...or you can put it inside if there's room in the tent or if the garage is too big to cool.

I like to germinate in a paper towel just so I can see what's going on...once I get tap roots about 1/2" long I carefully transfer to coco with clean hands....trying to not touch the root. I usually put a little dome or just a small square of cellophane right on the surface till it sprouts. After that I remove the dome or w/e and let it grow. I've never felt the need for extra humidity for seedlings...only during the seed stage before they break the surface...and that's just to keep em moist till they sprout.

If yer doing dwc you might wanna sprout in a little square sprouty thing(something like rockwoll or peatpucks), then transfer to netcup and hydroton. Keep in mind hydroton tends to raise ph so it's a good idea to presoak it fer a day or 2 in low ph solution to try to balance it out before you start.

6. You the man Bongsauce...appreciate this info..I do have a germination station but no results yet..but like stated ealier paper towel method work for me and I still don't have my exotic seeds so I did get some good bag seeds they look mature marbley Brownish so I'll try those some in PT n GS method..but I think I'm going to have to get an AC for my garage it would keep the garage cool and i think my tent will cool down like yous stayed.. its hot in the garage is keeping my tent temperature at about 90.. I guess the fan that I bought not going to work..shhiiiiiid!!! I'll b happy just to see the cotyledons..lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. np bud, I'm happy to help.

8. Oh I use the brown square rapid rooter starters..are these any good or is it better to use rockwool..I'm using clay pellets also...sorry for the late response...just got off bout to hit the plant lab...

• Like Like x 1
  9. I do coco myself but I think ppl have problems with the rockwool staying too mushy from what I've read. I used to use peat pucks or jiffy pucks or w/e...they're coco in a little sock, they come in flat pucks that you expand. I've never used the rapid rooters but ppl seem to do good with them also :)